Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maes

Most psychedelic breakfast cereals

I think it's the ones from LIDL. I mean, just look at the urbandictionary definition of "Choco Moons" and the associated piC:

That "Choco Moon" reminds me the expression from the "It's alll-right" guy in some infamous eroguro manga...and the astronaut mice look like stoned ravers.

Golden Puffs is pretty uhm...cute:

But the most psychedelic of everything must be LIDL's "Fruit Rings": trippy looking colored cereal rings, and a box with some green dancing elephants. WTF

They're ... cereal boxes. I don't see how these are any more psychedelic than other cereal boxes that I've seen that have cartoon characters on.

Sounds like Crown Field is just a store brand which like all other store brands rebrands the product.

Or they might not be, but their shit is the same as General Mills.

Yeah, Crown Field is LIDL's umbrella brand for all of their cereal lines -they change them from time to time, it used to be "Little Man" before.

They also changed their energy drink's brand three times (a Red Bull knockoff): at first it was "Sitting Bull" (didn't sound too energetic), then just "Energy Drink" (but had a kickass tiger or an alien) and now it's just "Mixxed Up". Same drink all along though :-p

Maes said:

Yeah, Crown Field is LIDL's umbrella brand for all of their cereal lines -they change them from time to time, it used to be "Little Man" before.

LIDL is?

Sorry, my bad for assuming everyone here is a dirty Europinko/commie :-p

But yeah, it's pretty much a kind of european Walmart specialized in groceries and basic goods -for the lack of a better analogy, I don't know if there is a direct analogue to the "hard discount" markets that filled Europe in the last 20 years.

Cereals were a fun little part of childhood...

The cereals themselves are OK, at least the ones I tried of the above (all except Golden Puffs, they look too much like chicken corn). Not Kellog's quality, but OK. Sadly(?) the elephant one isn't really psychedelic....at most it puts a chuckle on your face when you see the box :-D

myk said:

Cereals were a fun little part of childhood...

Yes!
The only good cereals I know are Frosties. Does this also exist in the USA? I ate them as a child in the mid nineties, but also today, yayayay!!!

OK I'm game! Grocery stores in the Southeast have their own brands of cereals. I will take pictures of them and show you guys. some are just.. absolutely atrocious, with stupid names like "frut rangs" and "puffy coc's".

Technician said:

None of these are psychedelic.

No, but the potential is there.

Maes said:

[LIDL]'s pretty much a kind of european Walmart specialized in groceries and basic goods -for the lack of a better analogy, I don't know if there is a direct analogue to the "hard discount" markets that filled Europe in the last 20 years.

We have Aldi in the US; that's basically the exact same store. No real aisles, just shipping crates arranged in rows.

david_a said:

We have Aldi in the US; that's basically the exact same store. No real aisles, just shipping crates arranged in rows.

Well, similar but not the exact same: they are competitors, and there are people who swear by either one terms of quality (e.g. LIDL is King, ALDI is shit or viceversa...)

Alot of stores here in Jersey have store brands named after their own store, except for A&P and Foodtown afaik.

GhostlyDeath said:

Does this brand have blue goo inside of the Cacopop?

yeah, buleberry! for maximum effect water them down with milk and then crush them!

(I think he has had a few too many cocoa crunchies)

And shifting the subject slightly over to really bad cereal box art:

Why are the hands done in a completely different style from everything else? Why does his face look like it's been traced (badly) by a first grader? Who knows... Also, be aware, this is his preferred mode of transportation... keep your kids safely indoors, away from this creep!

HOly shit...why are cereal box covers always so -pardon the pun- corny?

Yum, Publix brand. I've seen those Majic Stars before, and then I was twitching on the floor.... So, bright....

Lovin' that tiger by the way, and his van is almost exactly like mine, except mine says free ice cream.

Is it just me, or did anyone else think of the Cheetahmen when he saw that fucked-up tiger stoner? :-S

That Forrelli tiger guy looks too calm, calm enough as if he smoked a few joints before posing for the cereal art.

Maes said:

No, but the potential is there.

Yeah, I mean, everything is psychedelic when you're tripping