Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dragonsbrethren

EDGE behavior on E2M8, E3M8

EDGE seems to want to end E2M8 and E3M8 shortly after starting if there are no cyber/spiderdemons present. Does anyone know if there's a way to disable this behavior with a DDF lump? There's nothing about it that I can see in levels.ddf. Vanilla and everything else I've tested this wad with works fine without these monsters, the levels play like normal.

The special levels are done using RTS scripts. The only "fix" is to open the file doom_ddf/rscript.rts with NOTEPAD and edit or remove the corresponding scripts.

At one time I pushed to implement the same method as DOOM, for the sake of compatibility, but the leader at the time said no, and that was that.

Thanks for the answer. I don't really want to force users to use an edited script, breaking compatibility with the original game, so I guess I'll just keep using my current workaround.

Edit: Just realized it is possible to override the defaults, which I didn't think I could do since clear all didn't do so. Now I don't need to include duplicate lumps.