Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
E.J.

Looking for Wolfenstein MUS/MID wads

I was just wondering if anyone ever converted any of the ol' Wolfenstein tracks over to a Doom compatible format for Wolfendoom?

I'd kinda like something that at least sounded close to the original tracks. I believe the original mission Wolfendoom, as is, only has like 10 tracks present. Is it possible someone may have converted the entire Wolfenstein level BGM tracks, specifically for these pWADs?

Zdoom can play the IMFs which is what AFADoomer's Wolf3D TC does. DRO2MIDI can convert IMF to MIDI. The tracks in WolfenDoom are off of Bobby Prince's website so leave those since there are possibly higher quality.

Okay, so I have versions of all the original Wolf3d tracks in MIDI format.

Does anyone know if Laz Rojas's WolfenDoom "Original", and "Nocturnal" mission wads had a one-to-one correlation with the original Wolf3d levels?

Does anyone happen to know if the secret stages were cut from the (Original + Nocturnal) 6 episode, Doom 2, conversion wads?

If they weren't would you happen to know what Doom 2 levels the secret Wolf3d levels were mapped to?

E.J. said:

Does anyone know if Laz Rojas's WolfenDoom "Original", and "Nocturnal" mission wads had a one-to-one correlation with the original Wolf3d levels?

It's been a while since I played WolfenDoom, but as memory serves, the answer is no. I think he "enhanced" things a bit, using light levels and lifts, amongst other things. Also, unless you go with polyobjects, the sliding doors and secret walls are also very out-of-place. There was one ZDoom modification that replicated the game almost perfectly. I cannot think of the name or who did it, but it was a very impressive endeavor!

If you're after a faithful recreation of Wolfenstein, WolfenDoom is not the greatest attempt, sorry to say.

E.J. said:

Does anyone happen to know if the secret stages were cut from the (Original + Nocturnal) 6 episode, Doom 2, conversion wads?

What exactly do you mean here? The secret levels in Doom II were probably recreated from scratch, where "Wolfenstein" is E1M1 of the original game, and "Grosse" is the final map of episode one, where you meet Hans Grosse (as opposed to a Cyberdemon).

Edit: Double post ahoy!

EarthQuake said:

There was one ZDoom modification that replicated the game almost perfectly. I cannot think of the name or who did it, but it was a very impressive endeavor!

You're probably thinking of that one.

EarthQuake said:

If you're after a faithful recreation of Wolfenstein, WolfenDoom is not the greatest attempt, sorry to say.

Not at all, I don't mind the levels being modified. I can always just play the original Wolf3d through Wolf4SDL, or NewWolf on my Vista PC. Hell, I could just load it up in Win98/DOS if I wanted.

What I am trying to do here is match up the IMF files I converted to MID to the appropiate Doom II level. If the Wolf3d secret levels weren't added then I'll need to adjust the episode track orders.

I was hoping to avoid playing through, or warping to, the levels one at a time in both Wolf3d, and WolfenDOOM. But hey, in the amount of time I spent asking about it, I probably could have... ;)