Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom Marine

CounterStrike Stabbing causes Real Life Stabbing

You'd think the guy is from China or Korea or somewhere where they take video games too seriously, but he was... a Frenchman!

Be sure to think twice about who you frag in DM!

I'll think twice the next time I start arguing with Gez!

Kirby said:

PAGE NOT FOUND

OMFG NEWF8G CLICK 0N TH3 FUCK1NG LINK, TRY ME MOTHERFUCKER, TRY ME... LUCKY U DON'T LIVE IN WASHINGTON MOTHERFUCKER, I'D SHANK YOUR CANDY ASS

You have to be seriously fucked up to want to stab the person who killed your character. Especially in a game where you will die in 50 second intervals.

AveryMaurice said:

You have to be seriously fucked up to want to stab the person who killed your character. Especially in a game where you will die in 50 second intervals.

Seriously...it's not like you develop your "character" as in an MMO...I can just imagine the knife battle, and the guy thinks he's about to lay the last blow and BAM he's dead, throws a tantrum

Stabbing someone by thrusting with force with a knife in a game can really leave an impression on the gamer. I was playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, and by the night I had a nightmare of a few muggers into my apartment. They were violent but somehow I managed to bring one of them down. Then, I took the kitchen knife and forcefully thrust it into his back (or heart). This is exactly what you do in the game to finish off the bad guys. Oh noes.

Doom Marine said:

You'd think the guy is from China or Korea or somewhere where they take video games too seriously, but he was... a Frenchman!

Did he look anything like this?

AveryMaurice said:

Wow. So Cunter-strike really IS serious business!

The overzealous video gamer will spend two years behind bars, and receive anger management therapy.

Anger management? Surely that's for people who fly off the handle and need to control it, not someone who spends six months tracking down someone who pissed them off and then in a cold, calculating way travelled to their house and stuck a blade in them?

Two years seems like a light sentence for pre-meditated attempted murder to me as well.

Somebody is going to end up pushing through 'Video Game Addiction' as a viable defense the way the media keeps pointing at any given perpetrator's choice of video games. It'll be then classified as a legitimate mental illness and, while we're at it, throw some federal funds at it!

Doom Marine said:

CounterStrike Stabbing causes Real Life Stabbing:

"The 20-year-old, armed with a real-life kitchen knife, went to the man's house and brutally stabbed him in the chest. The victim, identified only as Mikhael, survived the assault after the blade missed his heart by less than an inch."

What a noob. Lost a knife fight both in game and IRL.

You better not think I've forgotten about the time you swiped that med kit I needed last time we played Coop. As soon as I find out where exactly you live I'm gonna come to your house and kill you with the first aid kit I bought from Walmart.

bytor said:

Somebody is going to end up pushing through 'Video Game Addiction' as a viable defense the way the media keeps pointing at any given perpetrator's choice of video games. It'll be then classified as a legitimate mental illness and, while we're at it, throw some federal funds at it!

This thread looks like a counterattack to the other one, "Video games are good for people's skills" thread.

Oh but we DO want the next generation runnin' around killing everybody and everything with butterfly wands of smiting! Don't we? ;p

At least, Doom 1 and 2 have bad enough graphics that they can't induce illusions of realism. Doom 3 is too dark and the guns look too toy-like so again.

Anger management? Surely that's for people who fly off the handle and need to control it, not someone who spends six months tracking down someone who pissed them off and then in a cold, calculating way travelled to their house and stuck a blade in them?

Two years seems like a light sentence for pre-meditated attempted murder to me as well.

That stuff is pretty common over there. This is France, land of criminals, where the society is always to blame and the individual is always a victim, and young people are just misguided.

Tune in in 2014 for this guy's next kill attempt.

If this was a proven cause of violence, I would be dead 100 times over by now.

He would have used a gun, but he wanted to get to the guy's house faster.

Doom Marine said:

OMFG NEWF8G CLICK 0N TH3 FUCK1NG LINK, TRY ME MOTHERFUCKER, TRY ME... LUCKY U DON'T LIVE IN WASHINGTON MOTHERFUCKER, I'D SHANK YOUR CANDY ASS

The link was like, broked'd, but now it fix'd. Me sorry.

I Don't know quite how to think of this one. He spent six months searching for a guy because he lost a knife fight? I'm really getting the feeling that he's using this as a bullshit excuse so he can have some kind of defense. If that's the real reason he did it then maybe he DOES need anger management issues. To hold on to that rage for so long, I mean WTF?

Danarchy said:

He would have used a gun, but he wanted to get to the guy's house faster.

I lol'd

Guest DILDOMASTER666
AveryMaurice said:

50 second intervals? Counterstrike? The fuck servers are you playing?

More like 15 seconds bro