Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

This song reminds me of Doom

AveryMaurice said:

Yeah, its very similar. Unfortunately, the rest of the song ruins it.

I agree 100%. Well, the rest of the song and the Supernatural clips. I wasn't aware anyone actually watched and enjoyed that show until now.

The opening riff was okay, but once the vocals came in, it was an immediate dislike for me. Kinda DooMish, though.

I'm no fan of the band I simply heard this song on the radio and thought I'd share my findings. hay it's been over 10 yrs of doom so there's only so much to talk about.

I was getting flashbacks of Doom and blowing away imps when I heard the opening riff, but vomited in my own mouth when the vocals came up.

Ugggh. I wish I didn't click that link. Not to insult anyone's taste on this thread, and I don't mean to offend anyone here, but that song doesn't touch the awesomeness of DooM... at all. Especially not that dumbed down lazy excuse for a "jump da fuck up" opening "riff", it sounds like a retarded ape wearing a gimp suit trying to practice guitar. I hope to not find this in a wad anytime soon. :P

Nothing more than just another crappy pretentious band that starts their songs off "brutalz" and then tones everything down so their music can be considered acceptable for the public.

DeathevokatioN said:

Nothing more than just another crappy pretentious band that starts their songs off "brutalz" and then tones everything down so their music can be considered acceptable for the public.

I agree with that. But I also hate songs that start by sounding symphonic and awesome, only to devolve into death metal. I prefer the symphony to be mixed fully with black metal, not as a bait to hear noise later.

Nah, when I hear E1M4 I think of "Rise" by Pantera:

Jump 22 Seconds after the intro, same riffage :D

I know there's some YT Doom music real song comparison vid out the there somewhere.