Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MSPaintR0cks

Making monsters immune to other projectiles

I once again have a little problem.
Is there a way to make monsters immune to projectiles fired by other monsters (rockets and so on), so that they only get damaged when the player hits them? And also, is this possible with DeHacked or WhackEd? I want my little mod the be as boom compatible as possible. (=

I would be very thankful for a little help here.

I'm not sure if it's the missile types. The Haymaker from UAC Ultra uses Mancubus attacks but they infight with mancubi all the time.

40oz said:

I'm not sure if it's the missile types. The Haymaker from UAC Ultra uses Mancubus attacks but they infight with mancubi all the time.

Indeed, it isn't hardcoded to the projectile, rather the bad guy that throws it. An Imp can't hurt another Imp regardless of what missile attack it has.

Though splash damage is exempt and the Hell Knight and Barron are a special case in the src.

40oz said:

I'm not sure if it's the missile types. The Haymaker from UAC Ultra uses Mancubus attacks

So now I know what to expect. :(

40oz said:

Since the Haymaker is a replacement of the SS Nazi it would be logical that it would infight with the Mancubuses due to its(as in the mancubuses not to make any confusion here) fireballs. I think that would make sense in a way I guess.

Philnemba said:

Since the Haymaker is a replacement of the SS Nazi

And now I know that it drops clips, leading me to believe they look like former humans :(

Just look at them :p

The hell knight was introduced to allow more of that type of monster without requiring excessive firepower or time to kill them, without removing the baron of hell, but they are otherwise "the same monster".

In STRAIN there is a demonlord (a baron with 1400 HP), which, unfortunately, does fight against hell knights/barons, because the DL is a mancubus replacement. Also imps fight against turbo-imps (arachnotron replacement). It was always striking for me, as a phenomenon which was against common sense.

SevenYearItch said:

In that case, how come the lost souls fight each other? -_-

They don't use projectiles.

Same for zombies. The "no damage from projectiles thrown by same species" clause is only for projectiles; not for hitscan attacks, melee attacks, or collision attacks.