Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
KingKill33

Deep level creator help

Okay, I have 3 questions:
1. I make stairs, and when I try to go up them it's like there is an invisible wall blocking my path, and when I put clipping on and go up the steps there is a pit. How do I fix these problems?

2. When I make doors I cannot make them open, they just sit motionless as I press the space key. How do I fix this problem?

3. When I make an exit it won't work. I assign the line with the exit level tag and I make the texture look like a switch but it won't work. So how do I fix this problem?

Any response will be appreciated.

Run the error checker:) Read the help about "sector not closed".

Follow the tutorials about how to "draw". Click on the top menu Help. There's an interactive drawing sample, then there's a show and tell in words plus sample levels.

There are some basic rules one has to learn no matter what editor you are using. Doors, Teleports and Switches are probably the 3 topmost questions, yet they all end up being very easy to do once you see how the parts fit together.

The online help covers all of the basics in great detail.

Most problems with triggers and switches I've had are due to the linedef facing the wrong way, i.e. into the door or wall. Try flipping it.

Hey Deep, does you error check look for this?

1. I make stairs, and when I try to go up them it's like there is an invisible wall blocking my path, and when I put clipping on and go up the steps there is a pit. How do I fix these problems?

Has to be because of unclosed sectors - run error checker.

2. When I make doors I cannot make them open, they just sit motionless as I press the space key. How do I fix this problem?

Make sure that...

...You used the DR type door and not WR or something

...The door's trigger line is facing outwards and not inwards the door

...The door's sector and line references are correct

...All adjacent sectors have high ceiling - doors open to 4 units below the ceiling of the lowest adjacent sector

3. When I make an exit it won't work. I assign the line with the exit level tag and I make the texture look like a switch but it won't work. So how do I fix this problem?

Same as for the door, check which direction the line is facing.

Also make sure that you use the S1 (switch) exit and not the W1 (walk) one.