Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sporku

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Like I said earlier, forget about the name. Just think of it as FUTURE BATTLE 2027: HUMAN REVOLUTION and you're much less likely to be let down.

The poster (http://jerion.nanoaugur.net/Poster.jpg) screams Square-Enix.

The complete lack of multitools and lockpicks might work better than DX2's universal multitools if they get the hacking game right. That's how SS2 did it, providing items that allowed bypassing the minigame only in single-digit numbers.

Pretty lame of them to remove ATMs. Couldn't have been hard to add an object that would accept 3-4 account numbers per map, give you money and then dump the accounts into some hackable item.

Fighting in this game is brutal, drenching each firefight in suspense and resulting in some harsh violence. You want to make damn sure you don’t get hit as the health system is largely responsible for this.

This is what worries me most. Hopefully it'll still be possible to beat most of the game with sneak+stun and silenced sniper headshots.

Edit: The gameplay video reminded me of Alpha Protocol to some extent, which was one of the best games I've played since Mirror's Edge.

Belial said:

Hopefully it'll still be possible to beat most of the game with sneak+stun and silenced sniper headshots.

No matter how good the game is, it won't be Deus Ex without this. Funny, since I usually hate stealth-based anything.

Still, looks like it might be pretty good, if it plays as well as the gameplay footage seems to suggest. Cover system or not, combat is likely to be more satisfying than in the first game, actually (of which I never liked getting into heated firefights because the run'n'gun elements just didn't work as well as sniping the hell out of everybody). And this is coming from someone who loved the first game, so there. :P

I'm very excited for this. I'm not sure it can ever match the original in terms of story and atmosphere, but I expect this to be better than Invisible War at the very least. They've seem to have kept the features that worked in the original game while also bringing it up to modern standards.

this will most likely be a disappointment for most fans of the original...it will most likely be over-simplified and will lack the insanely insane map-design of the first.

caco_killer said:

Guy who went to Eidos Montreal and played the game.
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=114432

Great thread.

Also, if anyone is interested, there is a really enjoyable playthrough of the original Deus Ex here. Quirky, over the top commentaries with some really enjoyable moments. I have seen a few of this guys playthroughs, and I have really enjoyed them. Made me laugh a lot.

caco_killer said:

A lot of new info on Something Awful.

I wish they'd announce a release date so I can actually look forward to it.

Considering one of the main reasons for Deus Ex 3's delays was Square Enix fucking one of their last games up so much, I'm guessing they'd better find a different publisher if they even want to consider estimating a solid release date.

also

Sorry, you must be a registered forums member to view this page.

Yeah no. I'm not paying 10 bucks to read that page.

The game comes out in less than two days. Gotta say, I'm pretty pumped. Haven't really looked forward to a new game as much as this in quite a while, though I'm trying not to ride the hype train off a cliff or anything like that. You can bet I'll be playing it the day it comes out. Even if it's not quite up to par with the original Deus Ex, it'd still be worth the money in my book.

Anyway, here's some live action footage relating to the game I thought was pretty cool:

Whelp. I just preordered the game anyway despite the release date being tomorrow (+ a few minutes). Guess this'll give me the incentive I need to get around to finishing my gaming rig. There's no way in hell it'll run on this box, unless I play it in 320x240 or something. :P

I wasn't going to preorder this game after having preordered Metroid: Other M and having the worst case of buyer remorse ever. But then I decided to go and watch footage of the leaked beta, up until the end of the first mission. It's undeniably Deus Ex, plain and simple. The first mission had so many different paths, and I saw a bunch of stuff that the person playing would need to play through a second time to get to. The cover system isn't necessary, and was actually completely skipped over during a few parts just because the player decided not to use it.

So there went my $45.

I'm getting it, just not sure how. Money is tight, but it looks awesome. I haven't bought a game in a little while anyway. :)

I am gonna wait to see some player reviews before considering a purchase on this.

Mr. Chris said:

I am gonna wait to see some player reviews before considering a purchase on this.

This.

Already picked Juarez 3 and Dead Island as my next buys, so DX will have to wait.

Well, industry reviews are in, netting it a 9.0-9.5 depending on what you read. I am very excited; I played the crap out of the first game, buying it in several forms, and I always end up running through it every couple of years. I always play the same kind of character though... :P
Invisible War runs very smoothly on my comp now, which isn't something I could say when I first played it, and despite the well known gripes I had a great time playing through it again.

As long as I can get a silenced sniper rifle I'll be happy, though I mostly like a stealth oriented approach.
I hope Eidos Montreal spends at least as much time with Thief 4...

I've been putting off buying this, but so far the reviews from both players & critics look promising so I think I'm gonna go pick it up.

Bought it with bitcoins. I just have to find eastern europe vpn so I can circumvent region locking (wtf is that shit?).

As good if not better than the first. Amazing attention to detail and the graphics, while not exceptional, are not disappointing. Only a little into the first hub, but so far I've seen multitudes of branching paths. I have a feeling that a lot of my actions and screw ups will have unforseen consequences later on. Will report more as I progress.

Bought it on Steam but I haven't started yet. The download's at about 48%, but I've got a feeling I'll need to reinstall it since it fucked up a couple of times during the download.

Spoiler

Also according to Pavera there's apparently a secret for fans of commander keen

About three hours in and I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. The only major flaw I see so far are the animations as they don't look too good.

My local Gamestop also only received one copy of the game (and that was a preorder), so I ended up getting lucky and finding the last copy of the Augmented Edition at Best Buy.

Apparently the game's full of 4chan memes as well. There was a screenshot posted on 4chan a while ago of a room with a bunch of stickers on some kind of machine, one of which had the forever alone face on it

gave it a try myself. It's a great game, and I'm sure some people will shoot me for saying this, but it might even be better than the first. The hacking games are a lot more fun than in Deus Ex, and combat feels a lot more satisfying too. Hell, the world even seems more open ended too. They basically took all of Deus Ex's weak points and then gave them a bit of a polish.

The only problem I have with it is that the loading times are awful. I managed to go downstairs, go to the garage, grab a beer, and then come back in the time it took the level to load. I'm hoping this is just a bug that will be fixed in a later update.

Got it on 360 yesterday, been playing nearly nonstop. Is anyone else getting stability issues? No joke, I got 10-12 crashes in the first 3 hours. Thankfully, the rest of the game has been extremely stable. On the Barret boss fight right now.

Whelp. Got to Barret. After emptying 2 assault rifle clips directly into his head, (60 rounds, all of which were headshots), stunning him with EMP grenades, hitting him with all the machine pistol rounds in the arena, only to die and have to wait through 2 minute loading screens, and try and fail 4 more times, I can safely say I've lost any interest in the game unless they balance it out in a later patch. It's just unforgivably bad boss fight that never should have been in the game.