• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lorenzo

Infernal Venice

this is my last zdoom wad (for doom2):

Infernal Venice

infve.wad - 2.55MB

This is a pre-release version, just to have some feedback before i upload the final version to the archives.

Lorenzo

From what I've played, it's pretty good. The only thing I noticed that wasn't quite right was the Intro Picture size. It was very small and in the top left hand corner (in Skulltag, haven't tested it in zDoom or GzDoom). I love the song that's playing, very nice.

The level is for zdoom, and with this port you can see the pic correctly, although uploading it into the wad with xwe changed the graphic a little (i don't know why)

This is a really nice map, at least for the most part. I found it hard, but not unfair, and the architecture is really amazing. But the last part, where the monsters teleport in after killing the Dark Avatar (one of the better DECORATE bosses in my opinion), is really horrible. I had about 30% health and no matter what I did, I got killed either by hitscanners or revenants. I think you should ease up a bit on that part.

so you would suggest to remove the teleporting monsters or to add more health?

Lorenzo

A little bit of both would be the best. Remove some of the teleporting monsters so they can't surround and block the player from moving so easily, and add some health for those damn hitscanners.

Liked the atmosphere, but you should really put impassable lines on some support detailing and most of the windows so the player doesn't get stuck on it/fall out the window to their death, heh. The fights are good, I don't think you need the soul sphere between the two cacos by the red key door, although I kinda cheaped the yellow key trap by shooting two bfg blasts and tripping the line by moving backwards so I had about 160/160 (not using that soul sphere nor a blue armor by the arachno in the same building) for the heresiarch and the final room.

I did save, and died a few times at the beginning, once at the red key trap, and once for the yellow key trap, and a few more times at the big room. The biggest problem for me in that room was keeping track of revenant rocket arcs, because they could easily arc around pillars and smack you in the face. Hitscanners were more an enviromental hazard than a real threat. However I usually killed the heresiarch outside the doors, so I could snipe some stuff before it came out, though it shouldn't be too bad. Maybe drop a megasphere once it dies. You should probably add some block sound lines too, between the 3d floor and the room and on the door so that the player has to enter the room to fight him.