Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brewtal_Legend

Episodes in doom 2?

I have a general idea ho making selectable episodes in doom 2, but I can't quite seem to get it right. I can't get the original levels to be selectable.

I was also wondering if it's possible to add plutonia and tnt as selectable episodes?

I mostly want to have hell on earth, master levels combined wad, and betrayed xbox level as separate episodes as well as on other level set.

Do the other episode level names have to be different than "map01" in order to allow the original levels to be selectable too?

Assuming this is for ZDoom, yeah, you'll need to rename the map lumps to something other than MAPXX (well, technically, you could use anything higher than 33 and not break compatibility with any vanilla wads, but why bother?). Then you just add onto the existing episode definition:

episode NEWMAP01
{
	name = "New Episode"
	key = "n"
}
NEWMAP01 is the lump name of the first map in the episode and the key field is the key you can press in the menu to jump right to that episode. You'll need to make a map definition for each map too, telling the engine which map comes next at the very least:
map NEWMAP01 "New Map 01"
{
	next = "NEWMAP02"
}
See the MAPINFO page for more information.

Dragonsbrethren said:

episode NEWMAP01
{
	name = "New Episode"
	key = "n"
}

That's the same format I used. I am using zdoom. I'm trying to load 2 wads. I have it the exact same way as above in one wad and without the "}{" in the other. When I tried using the brackets in the other, I would get an error when loading.

Both wad episodes show up, but not the original Hell on Earth.

I am using zdoom/gzdoom

Graf Zahl said:

Do you have a 'clearepisodes' in your MAPINFO? If yes, remove it.

No, I don't have clearepisodes. Although one of the wads is using the same map numbering as hell on earth. When I load the one wad that uses the brackets, it pops up hell on earth, but not when I load both wads.

with edge you can.

at least with old edge version, if you started:

edge -iwad doom.wad -file doom2.wad

you were able to select the 3 original episodes or the "hell on earth"

I don't know if this is possible with zdoom.

Lorenzo