Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
neubejiita

AVGN Cheetamen review.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/angry-video-screwattack/100758

AVGN reviews Cheetamen, the second worst Nintendo game ever. Cheetamen II is the worst, but I noticed the Doom title music in the intro of the video and I thought this was cool as the AVGN likes Doom. This is like the Beastie Boys Body Movin, music video that had the Doom door opening and closing sounds in it. I know the Doom sounds are only sound library stuff, but have you noticed any other movies or music videos that use these sounds?

Sry, it was the Doom title music, not Doom2.

If you do a quick forum search, you will find a few threads where people list where they have heard various Doom sounds or seen direct references to Doom itself in other games or media.

Yeah, and most of the time they are just wishful thinking. Not that it's forbidden or something...but just saying.

AVGN quite frequently refers to DOOM and has noted himself as a fan of it in the past, including a video where he had the Jaguar DOOM poster on the wall behind him.

I want him to do a special on DOOM sometime :P

I'm pretty sure he, well, reviewed the "bad" Doom ports before :P

Well, as far as Doom series go, I don't think he'd find anything bad enough in the Doom console ports to talk about (other than what he already spoke about). Maybe only the 3DO port, but its major flaw is simply framerate.

J-selva said:

I'm pretty sure he, well, reviewed the "bad" Doom ports before :P

Well, as far as Doom series go, I don't think he'd find anything bad enough in the Doom console ports to talk about (other than what he already spoke about). Maybe only the 3DO port, but its major flaw is simply framerate.

I didn't mean one where he criticized DOOM. Every now and then he does things, both as the Nerd and as himself, in which he discusses aspects of various nerdy topics such as the Zelda timeline or Rocky movies, etc.

He finally reviewed it. I wondered why he missed it from his Action 52 epic. A few weeks ago I was stuck in my room for 4 days with the major shits and the AVGN series was one of the things that got me through my rectal Niagra phase.

MajorRawne said:

rectal Niagra phase.

...care to elaborate?

Maes said:

...care to elaborate?

MajorRawne said:

the major shits... rectal Niagra

I don't want any elaboration. O_o

Maes said:

...care to elaborate?

I imagine it would involve the word "gushing" in some way.

I would imagine this conversation is not going to take place through PMs even though I highly suggest it.

Maes said:

...care to elaborate?

I imagine something along the lines of this.

Only coming out of an ass.

The Action 52 and Cheetamen reviews were the best since his Superman 64 review back in 2008.