Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofheck82

Enemy idea for Doom 4, or something

I had an idea about the Spectre demon for Doom 4. This is assuming the Spectre will be in Doom 4. I see no reason why it wouldn't be, but ANYWAYS.

I thought it would be cool to have the Spectre kind of look like space that's caving in on itself. Just imagine a black hole. I thought it would look badass to see space collapsing in the form of a big, evil demon with glowing yellow or red eyes the only thing you can. Or maybe no eyes at all.

Considering new game producers' hunger and video developers' demand for special effects, I can see it happen.

I would want something completely original however, not the same specter from Doom 1.

Someone suggested that should be what the spectre looked like in a Doom 3 thread before it came out. I still think it's a cool idea.

Doom 4 could use more enemies like this one. Sure, he shouldn't smile :-P! But why not creating a monster that spits poison at you?

I always thought that the Spectre in the newer Doom's would be kinda like the predator invisibility in a sense. Distortions and shimmers as it moves in to make you (at least) half the man you once were, starting at the waist.

I'd say the specter should just be a dark mist with several different colors that could solidify into a mist body or be totally invisible and only be seen because it travels through the mist. They have the technology to move mist out of the way. Maybe shot its eyes only.

You can even make it hide from light sources (flashlight), like shine the light at you and it will get scared away only to sneak up on you from behind or flank. Maybe have it right next to you, but you can't see it until it opens its shinny eyes.

I want to see trites come off of dead bodies. Like people are turned into zombies right... but then if you don't shoot them in the head, when they fall over, give them a minute and the head will grow legs and come off the body to become a trite.

Maybe see dead bodies as bait. Like a beautiful woman strung up by her arms. You look at her, she's dead. Turn away, you hear something, her arm fell from the strung up position, her other arm falls to her side, she's still dead. Her body lifts up taller to the ceiling and she charges forward to reveal she's a vagary. The new twist would be the woman's body on top is bait and the real monster is the spider beneath her.

Another monster idea would be to have things that hang on the ceilings with powerful tails. They stay up at the ceiling coiled, then drop down to snatch, slash or stab their victims. When you start to shoot it, then it will drop down to reveal its like a large snake with 2 arms.

I'd make new Hell Knights like old school minotaurs to make them distinct from the Barons. The downside is that the horns might clip through ceilings or something. They should be diseased and horrible like an animal that's been shot in the face, foaming at the mouth and crazy with raybees. Have it charge at the player for short distances and throw plasma balls from a far.

geo said:

Another monster idea would be to have things that hang on the ceilings with powerful tails. They stay up at the ceiling coiled, then drop down to snatch, slash or stab their victims. When you start to shoot it, then it will drop down to reveal its like a large snake with 2 arms.

Ceiling monsters are too scary.

I hope the spiders can be added to Doom 4, as well as pain elemental. Some original monsters isn't seen in Doom 3, I think it can be put in Doom 4 instead.

printz said:

Ceiling monsters are too scary.

LOL o really? Why is that?

I hope DOOM 4 has more monsters. Hideous or disturbing monsters.

geo said:

LOL o really? Why is that?

People rarely remember to look up.

This will be briefly off topic, but if you want a scare... there should be random occourances.

Like you're walking down a hall. 1 of the following things happens:
- Room opens up with an item (1/10 chance).
- Room opens up with an enemy (1/4 chance).
- Corpse falls from the ceiling (1/4 chance).
- Explosion from behind you (1/10 chance).
- Enemy tears through the wall (1/4 chance).
- Nothing.

It would help replayability. As well as have patroling enemies. Sure waiting enemies are fun, but patrolling enemies would be great too like a Cyberdemon marching through the city.

I'm sure Bethesda is telling them this right now :-)

sounds cool, but Black holes aren't space collapsing on themselves, its a literal rip in space time, being an object with litterally negative mass.

And if a demon was this, it would mean it could not move, and it would be invisible at any other angle.

I picture the spectre being more of, well you know how air gets all wiggly around heated objects? Kind of like that.

Maybe the Spectre could be completely invisible, but it kind of "flickers" every once in a while, letting you see brief glimpses of its true form and letting you get a bead on its position.

yellowmadness54 said:

sounds cool, but Black holes aren't space collapsing on themselves, its a literal rip in space time, being an object with litterally negative mass.

And if a demon was this, it would mean it could not move, and it would be invisible at any other angle.

I picture the spectre being more of, well you know how air gets all wiggly around heated objects? Kind of like that.

I think by black hole the person meant like a shift in matter such as the pedator shifts light OR if you've watched the Enterprise TV show, there were space anamolies like special effect ripples that mutated things.

I still say specters should be invisible or shadows with eyes only seen and it would be awesome when they cut through fog or mist.