Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Freeze

Thoughts on E3

Reevys said:

The 3DS seems pretty sweet, but not enough info has been released for me to get excited.

I READ A COUPLE HANDS-ON REVIEWS AND SAW A VIDEO AND PICTURES PEOPLE SAY THE 3D EFFECT IS NICE AND THERE'S EVEN A SLIDER THAT LETS YOU CONTROL HOW "3D" IT IS, GOING FROM JUST 2D TO I DON'T KNOW WHAT BUT YEAH AFTER SEEING AND HEARING ABOUT IT I'M READY TO PRE-ORDER ONE RIGHT NOW IT'LL BE THE FIRST DS I'VE BOUGHT SINCE THE ORIGINAL I'M SO EXCITED

ALSO I WAS NEVER EXCITED FOR NATAL I DUNNO WHY. I THOUGHT THE MOVE WAS STUPID UNTIL I STARTED SEEING MORE STUFF AND FINDING OUT IT'S GOING TO BE WII DONE RIGHT AND THAT MAKES ME EXCITED. ALSO THE KEVIN BUTLER MOVE COMMERCIAL WAS HILARIOUS.

"Another"? Twilight Princess wasn't even supposed to be a Wii zelda game at first, I'm always going to consider it a gamecube title.

BlazingPhoenix said:

"Another"? Twilight Princess wasn't even supposed to be a Wii zelda game at first, I'm always going to consider it a gamecube title.

Yeah, Twilight Princess was a Gamecube game first, and then it got delayed so Nintendo could make a Wii version of it.

Danarchy said:

Heh. Still, he obviously misses some things, like of course console sales are dropping, because most of the people who are going to buy consoles already have them. Lowering console sales doesn't mean that people don't want them, it only means that the market is already being saturated with them. People will buy a new XBox or Wii or PS3 only if their old console breaks (and if they relly want it again). So, yeah, duhh of course the sales will lower. It's not like food which you have to buy regularly again and again.

Also, smart phones competing with handheld game consoles? Well, sure there's some competition, but there'll always be a place for dedicated handheld game systems, for many reasons. One is controls, other is battery life (Your smart phone's primary function is still being a telephone, and their battery life is lowering all the time because of abundance of features and smaller sizes and weights, add games to that and, yeah). And then there's different markets. America =/= Europe =/= Japan. Even if USA became more difficult for handhelds because of iPhones, the other markets would, relatively speaking, still stay easier. And even then, saying that smart phones are directly competing with handhelds is saying that everyone who buys a smart phone is buying it to play games, with is obviously false.

So, yeah, handhelds won't lose to smart phones that easily. But MS and Sony are just being pathetic, that much is correct.