Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofheck82

How would you describe yourself?

I would describe myself as:
quiet, friendly, lazy, hard worker (I know, it's a contradiction in terms but I CAN work hard if I have to :P) and creative...just to scratch the surface a little.
I think we're all much more complex than we realize.

Hmm... well to me, "yourself" looks like a pretty standard English word. It doesn't really stick out, nor does it blend into the background. All in all, a useful word, especially when talking to others.

Why would i want to describe myself in a Doom forum? Is anything other than Doom even so important around here. :-P

i am tall and i am thin, of an enviable height, and i've been known to be quite handsome from a certain angle and a certain light.

kristus said:

I wouldn't.

Stole the words right out of my mouth. Its like I made out with your hand.

I would describe myself like this:

"I'm Phil and you're not, isn't that just the strangest of all coincidences?"

It's a lot more fun to describe other people than to be critical of my own behavior.

baronofheck82 said:

I would describe myself as:
quiet, friendly, lazy, hard worker (I know, it's a contradiction in terms but I CAN work hard if I have to :P) and creative...just to scratch the surface a little.
I think we're all much more complex than we realize.

You also wanted to know everyone's height/weight as well as what made us nervous. I'm curious...are you trying to construct a Doomworld physiological and psychological profile? :)

Qaatar said:

You also wanted to know everyone's height/weight as well as what made us nervous. I'm curious...are you trying to construct a Doomworld physiological and psychological profile? :)

He's either a cyber-stalker or compiling direct marketing profiles for each of us - he's also making me nervous.

oh now i'm REALLY nervous!

wait...other thread...

I'm a rat lost in a maze! Get me out of here! EXPERIMENT OVER!

:::pushing big red button on wall:::

You have a great need for other people to like and admire you. You have a tendency to be critical of yourself. You have a great deal of unused capacity which you have not turned to your advantage. While you have some personality weaknesses, you are generally able to compensate for them. Disciplined and self-controlled outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure inside. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. You pride yourself as an independent thinker and do not accept others' statements without satisfactory proof. You have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others. At times you are extroverted, affable, sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary, reserved. Some of your aspirations tend to be pretty unrealistic. Security is one of your major goals in life.

fraggle said:

You have a great need for other people to like and admire you. You have a tendency to be critical of yourself. You have a great deal of unused capacity which you have not turned to your advantage. While you have some personality weaknesses, you are generally able to compensate for them. Disciplined and self-controlled outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure inside. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. You pride yourself as an independent thinker and do not accept others' statements without satisfactory proof. You have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others. At times you are extroverted, affable, sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary, reserved. Some of your aspirations tend to be pretty unrealistic. Security is one of your major goals in life.

OK, that was quite scary. :/

This is probably the worst time for someone to ask me this due to recent circumstances and the like.

I'm nice and friendly and honest, and have plenty of good friends (enough that I can't even pick a best friend). I'm a nerd who plays D&D, Warhammer 40k, and Magic: the Gathering fairly regularly. I fucking love the hell out of music, but have no talent at all playing any of the various instruments I've played over the years.

Still, I'm also fat and terrible at trying to talk to people outside of my friends, despite me practicing every day. I seem to never be able to think of the right things to say and end up sounding like a stuttering moron. At this point I'm starting to go grey and my friends are getting married and I'm fairly sure I'm going to be alone the rest of my life because I've never gotten past the first date with any woman and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Also, I seem to be stuck in a dead-end job and all my attempts to get another job or go to college end up going to hell when unforseen events fuck me over. :(

Qaatar said:

No no, I promise you I'm not. :) Those threads (and this one) came about because of random curiosity, nothing more...I swear ;)

fraggle said:

Generic Crystal Ball Reading.

Right on the mark

Danarchy said:

I seem to never be able to think of the right things to say and end up sounding like a stuttering moron. At this point I'm starting to go grey and my friends are getting married and I'm fairly sure I'm going to be alone the rest of my life because I've never gotten past the first date with any woman and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

The problem is, you are trying too hard. Don't focus on saying "the right thing," focus on saying what you want to say. It should be easy to stay away from very inappropriate comments :P otherwise, people don't judge you for not saying something amazing every time you open your mouth. If they do, they suck, and you should spit on them. Good day!