Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iAmCodeMonkey666

need some fantasy level tips

Hey!

I have decided to scrap my previous mod plans (uss nomad) and instead have decided to start working on a fantasy based mod for doom 2. Now, I want this to turn out like a miniature version of the elder scrolls oblivion, and I need some tips on how to make good, believable levels, both indoor and outdoor.

Any suggestions?

UPDATE:

WIP Screen-shots...

The weapons and enemies are not ready yet.

Play other levels you like and get inspiration, and then meld in your own creative ideas and designs to make a level. Afterward the best thing to usually do would be to provide screenshots or downloads of your project, and then learn from the criticism and feedback others will give you.

xhmmxc22x said:

Holy balls, I love Elder scrolls oblivion. You had better finish this.

lol. I will try to finish this, and yes, I am loving that game too. :)

I once had a similar idea, made a proof of concept map where the player could talk to an NPC (used strife's dialogue system), move between 2 maps, and buy a sword off of said NPC with gold you could find scattered about. I got discouraged when I realized each actor as defined in DECORATE could only be associated with one dialogue script. I think I've forgotten everything about how the dialogue scripting worked, though.

anyway, good luck to you.

Dragonsbrethren said:

The sector based stalactites look terrible - I suggest using sprites for them instead.

1) Saying they "look terrible" is NOT constructive criticism, although I am fine with your suggestion.

2) I am not using those sector-based stalagmites (or whatever they are called) anymore.

The stalagtites only look bad because they are so square. if you made them more rounded, they would probably look ok.

Stalactites* :P

Stalagmites are the ones on the ground.

Hint: Stala(c)tites - C for Ceiling; Stala(g)mites - G for ground.