Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dr_st

Painful Floors

Do you like the levels where there are many damaging surfaces, and you have to run through them at least several times, without radiation suits?

Please answer, I'm checking a theory.

I prefer to get killed by hellspawn - not because I couldn't find a damn rad suit.
A level with too many damaging surfaces is a way to make a map difficult in a boring way.
Nah, I want the placements of the Hellspawn to provide a challenge - oh yeah, and I don't mind traps (other than too many damaging surfaces).

They are ok in moderation, and provided player has a resonable chance to avoid too much damage. I hate ones with no escape, except in extreme circumstances.

sleepy_boy is a DOLT, plain 'n' true.

*SNIF*, LÜT I WANT HIM BACK IN MINUSES WITH ME%*^%**%*$!!!!

The only damaging floor in my level is in the "abyss room" with a -5000 floor underneath a narrow catwalk. So if you fall, you're fucked anyway.

The only damaging floor in my level is in the "abyss room" with a -5000 floor underneath a narrow catwalk. So if you fall, you're fucked anyway.

Well, yeah. Since DOOM didn't have falling damage, nor sophisticated traps, the only way to provide a death trap (and not a dead end) was an unescapable pit with a damaging floor. That's OK.

I don't mind having to traverse the occasional nukage or lava pit. It can be very annoying at times though. I absolutely hate levels that have damaging floors and medkits spread all over the place. There's only one level in E3 of Doom 1 that's designed that way and I actually don't mind it because it's very well balanced, but the player made levels I've tried never come close. Basically all that matters in my opinion is that the nuke/lava is there for a good reason.

I'm still waiting for someone to make a sprite of a knocked over barrel and put a nukage spill around it or pouring from it. If that's been done before then someone post a link for me, please. If not then whoever steals my idea sucks!

*SNIF*, LÜT I WANT HIM BACK IN MINUSES WITH ME%*^%**%*$!!!!

Mate, this'll only make your situation even worse. Stop complaining and take it like a real man!

Hmmmm, Fredrik was here and yet the third option has no votes.

Something's wrong.

Hmmmm, Fredrik was here and yet the third option has no votes.

Something's wrong.

And option 5 is now giving option 2 a serious fight. And if you take into consideration that I voted for option 2, they are even.

After his retarded little blank title fun topic this morning I just had to vote option #5.