Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rog

Doom Collector's Edition complete??

hey
just got this game and wantd to know if it is complete. Am not sure what is supposed to be in this game thx!

DOOM Collector's Edition includes Ultimate DOOM, DOOM2 and Final DOOM (which consists of TNT: Evilution and Plutonia Experiment). So you got all four official IWADs. The only official DOOM release that's missing is Master Levels for DOOM2. You can find it on e-Bay or Amazon.

ok am sure i will have more posts since i rediscovered Doom.
anyway i had a hard time finding what came in this game. Is it supposed to contain just one cd? i thought maybe there was supposed to be two.. Also am not sure if the manual is correct..
thx. Anyone know if this is how the game was packed in the first place?

yeah i thought that manual looked out of place?
So i guess its just missing the cardboard fold that holds the cd?
Never came with a manual just the game..?
thxman just looking for confirmation on what this game came with.
I can't find any place that has pictures of the contents.

Rog said:

Is it supposed to contain just one cd? i thought maybe there was supposed to be two..

Why two CDs? You can stick Ultimate Doom, Doom II, Final Doom, Maximum Doom (a compilation of levels including the Master Levels), Heretic Shadow of the Serpent Riders, Hexen, Hexen Deathkings, Strife and Chex Quest all on a single CD. (That's all the official Doom-engine stuff developed or licensed by id software.)

Hey
i saw some other adds for the same game and some of them had two cds.
am just trying to find out what this game came with as new..

There was, at one time, a second version of the Doom Collectors edition, that had a second CD, containing a Doom 3 preview. This was indicated on the front of the box.

Looking at your image, there is no mention of the preview CD, so you've got the single CD release.

Vermil said:

There was, at one time, a second version of the Doom Collectors edition, that had a second CD, containing a Doom 3 preview. This was indicated on the front of the box.

This is the one I own. It has Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, and Final Doom all in one CD. Mine doesn't have those manuals though. You apparently got a boxed version, the one I got was just the cd case.

Am thinking that HoboMaster22 is on to something about that manual/
seams out of place to me..
I would think a collectors series game would have come with some kind of manual and maybe some other advertising stuff..The manual i would like to find out if that exists and what it looks like.
something else to look for once i find out what it looks like.

thxalot

Is this stuff that important? The most important thing is that you got the DOOM, now play it. :)

lol TheUltimateDoomer.. Yeah i hear that!
It's been a few years since i played Doom and that cd is going in heh.
I would like to know about the original manual for this game just so i know the game is intact and complete/

All 3 manuals should appear as pdf once you have installed the collectors edition.

Rog said:

Hey
i saw some other adds for the same game and some of them had two cds.
am just trying to find out what this game came with as new..

You have the Collector's Edition in it's original form (the 2 CD version was part of Doom 3's pre-release promotion) with a Doom 2 manual as an unexpected bonus. With manuals on the CD as PDF files, the only thing you might be missing is a product registration card.

thx guys. A lot of doom games and it's a little confusing unless your a expert at Doom.
Looks like after doom2 they came out with this and before doom3 they put out another game like this with a doom3 demo..