Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Abyssalstudios1

Youtube speedrun thread

This is the thread where Youtube speedruns can be posted instead of actual .lmp files. Hopefully this will relieve pressure on the official youtube thread, and give people like me a place to dump Youtube speedruns. (I play with Skulltag, you see, and there is no way to record offline).

Here is the starter thread from my DVII MAP01 speedrun:

============================

A month or two ago, I was speaking with a certain alcoholic beverage in a UAC Ultra survival server. We were discussing the nightmare game mode, and I brought up DVII MAP01. He flat out refused to accept that it was possible.

A few nights ago, I began recording my attempts to beat this. During one such event, it worked. Since this is a video of a practice session, the quality is not so great, but it gets the job done.

Filmed with FRAPS whilst playing on Skulltag.

EDIT: Who "disliked" this? 44 views and 1 dislike. Goddammit, if it's about the lack of prboom, I'm going to be pissed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHXAum7G--4

NOTES:
-The imp in front of the mancubus will save your ass by absorbing a few fireballs while you blow up the barrels.
-The hordes of zombies on the dam are an excellent source of ammo/infighting. Just avoid the fireballs and head for the double medkit.
-The cacodemon room is by far the hardest part. It's an exercise in sheer luck every time you play. I got lucky this time in that one of the barrels was detonated by a monster's stray projectile.

============================

I play with Skulltag, you see, and there is no way to record offline

Just tried it to check, seems to work just like ZDoom for me (I make a shortcut and add "-record X.lmp" at "Target").

Here are the videos of my demos that I've published on YouTube thus far. In the case of my idgames/levels/doom/ campaign demos, I already posted them in my dedicated thread, but it wouldn't hurt to post them here as well. This list includes videos I have yet to post in the other thread, too. Note that the quality of my earlier videos isn't the best, as I hadn't fully worked out the best way to encode them at the time. Also, I usually only upload one video for each WAD, primarily of my UV max demos; to watch the other demos I've recorded on those WADs, you'll need to go to the thread and download my demo packages for those WADs.

- idgames/levels/doom/ Campaign -

- Non-Campaign Demos -