• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sharessa

The SuXor DeluXor

My computer is fucked up...it can't make umlaudts. I keep getting this error:

Couldn't launch C:\HP\HPTOUR\TOUR.EXE

I'm very perplexed by this, considering I don't even have a C:\HP direcoty. Until I fix this, I'm going to feel the wrath of der UberLut.

...'Da ne? Are your keyboard bindings off-kilter? I'm assuming you're using the Alt-numpad codes (alt-129 to make ü). Are you using one of those keyboards with the rebindable extra keys?

Hmmm...I think you're right...because it only pops up when I hit alt-1. I can still make a Ü.

Thats odd...now how the Hell do I fix it?

Try hitting Ctrl-Alt-Del and see if there are any programs running that look like keyboard engines. Kill 'em and try again.

Hmmm...these are the programs I have running now that I cannot identify:

Osd
Wzqkpick
Osa

Which one gets to die?

NOOO! Still doesn't work...WTF...must be something fucked up in the Windows files...

It's gotta be something that shows up in the progs list, unless it's in a .dll somewhere. And I haven't heard of anything that does such a thing. When you get a chance, try killing everything short of the systray and whatever the other vital Win program is (I forget).

Just lemme take cover first. :)

No, that didn't work...all I got running now is Explorer, Systray, and IE. Nothing else. WTF is going on?

That's some stupid shit that gets installed with HP printers. Try to install ONLY the drivers whenever possible, not all the retarded shit than comes with it. The printer doesn't need all that crap to run.

Find the "Run" entry in the registry and delete the useless shit.

Find the "Run" entry in the registry and delete the useless shit.

I'm a retard. Where would I find this 'registry'?

retard indeed, i wonder why is your computer still working

start-run-regedit

and press F3 for search, only Keys and the lowest checkbox should be checked, and delete anything you don't want out of the second "Run" folder.

eh? That sounds masochistic...doesn't sound safe.

I just ran "C:\HP\HPTOURtour.exe" it's pointless spam of how to familiarize yourself with the pc. Anyway do this:

Start>run>type in: msconfig>click on ok
under the start up tab search for "C:\HP\HPTOUR\tour.exe" on the right column, disable the check mark and restart. Should be fine danny boy.

on the right column, disable the check mark and restart. Should be fine danny boy.

Grrr...for some reason, it doesnt have it listed there. Oh well, whatever the fuck. Now I'm just pissed that we havn't learned this crap in my Computer Maintainance class.

Go get System mechanic System mechanic, one of the options is editing start up, and you see more things in there than you do in msconfig, run the other checks too, don't run the duplicate file checker tho, it's too easy to screw up, all the other options are great tho

Go get System mechanic System mechanic, one of the options is editing start up, and you see more things in there than you do in msconfig, run the other checks too, don't run the duplicate file checker tho, it's too easy to screw up, all the other options are great tho

System mechanic rules

well if this happens whenever you load windows it should be in there, then again you're wierd.