Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

Which way does the Baron/Hell Knight fall when he dies?

Something I have always wondered, and it just occured to ask you guys what you thought...

When you kill a Baron/Hell Knight, does he fall forward or backward, or just kind of collapse in on himself. I could never work it out.

It looks like he starts falling backwards then his reverse-articulated legs collapse underneath him. If you could view a dead baron side-on I think you'd find he's on his back with his legs somehow folded under his guts.

yeah, I always thought he sorta tore from the belly and so his upper half falls back while his legs fall forward.

His torso evaporates and his lower body falls facing the player. You can see the tip of his spinal column.

In risen 3d, his legs fall forward and his body falls back and he's cut in 2 halves on top of one another, then I saw it again in zdoom and realized that was the animation

wolf739 said:

In risen 3d, his legs fall forward and his body falls back and he's cut in 2 halves on top of one another, then I saw it again in zdoom and realized that was the animation

Depends on the model. The higher quality model his legs go back and his torso goes forward, I think. I haven't killed many of them yet, so I haven't studied all too much.

I had a look a the sprites in SlumpEd, and it becomes pretty clear what is going on there.

The Baron is torn in half when killed. His torso/head falls backwards, landing face up, while his legs just kind of slump to the ground, with the insides/lower spine showing through.

Yeah, gory stuff. I suppose next we will ask why the baron spews red blood when shot, but green blood in both his death animations and the textures on E2M8. The answer to that one is probably pretty obvious though.

Kyka said:

The Baron is torn in half when killed. His torso/head falls backwards, landing face up, while his legs just kind of slump to the ground, with the insides/lower spine showing through.

My shotgun did that?

40oz said:

My shotgun did that?

"No, stop! That's a load-bearing spine!"

lupinx-Kassman said:

Yeah, gory stuff. I suppose next we will ask why the baron spews red blood when shot, but green blood in both his death animations and the textures on E2M8. The answer to that one is probably pretty obvious though.

Because he is a perv??

40oz said:

My shotgun did that?

"At this particular moment in time, I don't believe I have a healthier or more deeply felt respect for any object in the universe than this here shotgun."

Ubik said:

"No, stop! That's a load-bearing spine!"

To paraphrase Homer Simpson. "I wish I had a load bearing spine."