Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Torn

Trauma (wip megawad)

(Repost kinda)

Trauma is a 32 levels megawad in the progress by me, it will be a pretty straight forward and classic megawad, I also try to make it difficult compared to Plutonia, HR, AV, etc. It is made for vanilla Doom 2 / Chocolate Doom.

My plan so far is:
Map01-map11: Techbase, wasteland theme.
Map12-map20: A mix of many things. Brick, city, etc... (still not sure)
Map21-map30: Classic hell maps. Marble, wood, metal, rockred, etc...
Map31: The secret map, I am using the idea Dutch Devil gave me. :)
Map32: Classic Slaughter map.

(I have a few levels planned too, map24 will of course be a Living End themed map :P)

Map01: "Terminal" Music: Techbase by Stewboy. (95% done)
Screenshots: torn-net.dk/pics/trauma/trauma1a.png][1] torn-net.dk/pics/trauma/trauma1b.png][2] torn-net.dk/pics/trauma/trauma1c.png][3] torn-net.dk/pics/trauma/trauma1d.png][4] torn-net.dk/pics/trauma/trauma1e.png][5]

Map02: "Reservoir" Music:
Map03: "The Core"
Map04: "Uplink"
Map05: "Waste Dump"
Map06: "
Map07: "Checkpoint"

Map08: ""
Map09: ""
Map10: "Substation"
Map11: "Research Labs"

(I know I had posted screenshots of other maps, but I was not happy with those. So I will either remake or make new maps instead)

This is looking very interesting for a first map, which map will the difficulty start ramping up?

This is coming from a fan of nintendo hard megawads, so I'll be looking forward to seeing more.

I've heard about this project a few times here and there. Glad to see you've reached a point where it's earned it's own thread. I'm digging the clean and classic look of the shots you've posted so far. I'll definitely keep my eyes out for more of them. Good luck :D

Alright, A vanilla Doom 2 megawad by Torn! Definitely going to keep an eye on this :D

Hey Torn, nice to see you in a new project! Screens look good, I want moar :-).

Thanks everybody! :)

gun_psycho said:

This is looking very interesting for a first map, which map will the difficulty start ramping up?

This is coming from a fan of nintendo hard megawads, so I'll be looking forward to seeing more.

I am not sure yet, but I am sure it will get serious hard after first "episode" (after map11). However I am not sure how hard I want first episode to be.

dutch devil said:

Looks sweet, I love classic doom maps. Does this idea of mine has something to do with Cyberdemons :)

Yep, it has something to do with cyberdemons :P

I know its a big bump, sorta but while listening to stewboy's midi for trauma i did my search and well you know the rest.

Anyway been wondering if this project is still going on. o.o

This looks pretty cool! I also really enjoy the clean classic feel these screenshots portray. Only good things will come out of this if it gets finished! I need more classic megawads! :)

Yes, the project is still going on. :P
I guess there will be slots for beta testing, but that will take a while before anything is open. Thanks for the interest. :)

Quite nice. The title "Trauma" seems to be something short, but symbolic and suggestive, such as "Scythe". The shots of the 1st map also predict loads of creative and beautiful work within the project. I'm very pleased that not only n00b sh1tmaps are part of our present history. Keep up the good work!