Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I happened to come across this today while searching for the opening to the original anime. Looks freakin' amazing.

I pretty much grew up watching this, Voltron, and Robotech before I knew they were even anime. This teaser trailer is 100% CG, though they say the final film will be live action. I guess they put this together to test out the technology or something.

For those who don't know, Daikuu Maryuu Gaiking (Demon Dragon of the Heavens Gaiking) is an old super robot anime from the mid 70s created by Go Nagai (though he wasn't credited). It was shown in the US as part of the "Force Five" series, as well as licensed by Mattel for their Shogun Warriors line of toys.

Any other fans of the super robot genre here?

I'm familiar with other works by Go Nagai like Devilman and Cutie Honey, but I've never heard of Gaiking.

I like "real robot" anime like Gundam and Evangelion, but I've never watched a lot of the old "super robot" stuff.

Live-action adaptations of anime tend to get me excited, though.

I can't think of a live action anime adaption that was any good. They are worse for cutting down the source material then America.

Technician said:

I can't think of a live action anime adaption that was any good. They are worse for cutting down the source material then America.

I dunno, Cutey Honey wasn't that bad. It at least didn't take itself too seriously and had some fun laughs in it.