Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SyntherAugustus

Iphone Doom Classic Editing

I've been messing around with modding iphone doom classic recently via merging pwads into the doom2 iwad. Today I took this a step further and added my 2002 Immoral Conduct Boom dehacked mod noticing that the dehacked code works perfectly. The only bugger is that new sounds don't seem to work. Any ideas?

I'm also wondering about (but not a big deal)

-Map selection list editing
-Turning down the brightness (in game)
-What opens the base.ipack file?

Does the Hell on Earth iphone app (that freedoom port) offer any new features than Doom Classic would have?

The inability to play your custom sounds may have something to do with the fact that this port uses alternative (HiRes iirc) sounds.

You can open base.iPack with any editor und do a search for the sounds. You can find entries, that points to a folder called newsfx.

My guess is, that all new GUI and sound stuff i stored in base.iPack, because it is ~6 MB big, and is stored in the same folder as doom.wad and prboom.wad. So maybe the map selection list should be edited there.

I am not sure, but i doubt that adjusting brightness is doable without changes an recompiling the source code.

I have opened the base.iPack file just with an text editor. I don't know any kind of standard software, which opens the file, and let you extract or change the stuff inside, other than trying a hex editor.

HoE doesn't offer any new stuff, from what i have seen. Try a diff tool on both sources. You will only find minor changes.

You can open base.iPack with any editor und do a search for the sounds. You can find entries, that points to a folder called newsfx.

What editor are you thinking of? I tried winrar and that didn't work.
edit: I guess you meant hex editor. I did some research and tried to import 16 bit/22050 sound but that didnt do it. I might try stereo later.