Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DoOmEr4LiFe

FIFA World Cup 2010

Hellbent said:

I was stoked Dutch won today. They look well on their way to the Final. But they will have to contend with Germany, Argentina or Spain for the big trophy (sorry Paraguay). I guess I'm rooting for Ghana in the game coming up in a few minutes against Uruguay..

rooting for uruguay myself. Very small country, and a few cracking players, like forlan and suarez.

Hahaha what a shitfest that last free kick was. Ghana deserves to lose for missing that last penalty.

Edit: ROFL, deliberate handball wins the match yet again.

ahahaha okay, this was the best, most epic match of the cup! so awesome... and the end was impossibly dramatic. also panenka's penalty kick ftw! :D

also forlan = god. the guy is the player of the tournament, no contest!

dutch devil said:

If were not going to be world champion now, I'll never watch a soccer game again.

Enjay will probably come along and say that's a really good idea, champions or no :P.
So, Netherlands won, and also shown that Brazil cannot play while losing (after Sneijder's goal, they pretty much lost their shit), good for them, as they're one of my favourite teams whenever a world cup/eurocup happens. The other game was a period for each team: Ghana missing a lot of goals on the first half, and Uruguay doing the same on the second half. Suarez was probably the goalie of the match, given his last minute save, it was hillarious watching him crying before the penalty and then running in joy after it :).
Anyway, tomorrow it's Argentina vs. Germany. As much as i'd like Argentina to win, i believe that the german structure vs. the lack of structure of Maradona (i can almost see him telling the players "go out there and win the game... somehow" before each match) will win the game. Not easily, but they will win.

I'm modifying my prediction to: Germany 3, Argentina 1. Man... Gyan... Ghana... what a heart-break story was written today.

I'd never heard of diving, but this cleared it up. I played for about 8 years as a kid but never felt compelled to watch other people play.

sooo... germany stunned the world by being far better than anyone could've even dreamed of. i wanted a close thrilling match, but public spanking of maradona's ego was pretty cool too. :) i still root for netherlands, but germany is the hottest item right now.

Now i really have a divided heart. One side hopes that a south american team reaches the final, the other claims that anything other than Netherlands vs. Germany would be a lesser final.

Amazing match, the first half was fiercely fought, but the second half shown that the germans are on fire right now. If Enjay presents england's matches as proof that football is boring, i definetly present Netherlands vs. Brazil and Argentina vs. Germany as proof that football can be an awesome game.

The match where German slaughtered England showed us that Germany were a top tier team. Today's match only confirmed that. I thought the Germans against England displayed some of the best soccer of the tournament. Don't want to wait till the next game :-/.

Spain vs. Paraguay was pretty entertaining today with the back to back penalty kicks which didn't result in any goals. Spain had to fight tooth and claw to get a goal against Paraguay. They will not fair so well against the Germans.

I see now why USA lost. We don't dive. We don't cheat the system, we actually want to add things such as replays and cameras to make the game more fair. Amazing.

I watched USA vs Ghana again and saw the fuckers dive 4-6 times. The big one was during overtime when one dude was actually on a stretcher before magically becoming un-hurt and bouncing back on to the field.

Can't this be ejection from the game? Disgraceful.

Please state who you think will win the semi-final between Germany and Spain and the reasons why.

I think Germany will, but with less goals than they have been getting of late, since they are on fire right now.

Germany will mostly likely win, they have been strong the entire cup. I haven't seen every Spain match, but they seem to be playing poorly, barely getting by. They'll need to train or we could see a repeat of todays Argentina match.

Also I'm glad Brazil and Argentina are out, way too many people bandwagon them.

Can't this be ejection from the game? Disgraceful.

AFAIK diving is a yellow card offense, but like everything the ref has to see it happen. Though I kind of hope they keep diving, it's hilarious.

Having seen Germany play, and their match record, Spain aren't in with much of a hope. Likewise, Holland have beaten one of the bigger teams out there (Brazil), so they should be alright to make their way to the final against Germany - allegedly the proper rivalry as far as Germany is concerned (not England).

I'm gonna hate Germans with unhealthy passion if they beat us in the finals. They allready won the world cup three times, we want a star too dammit. Germany should have no problems with Spain, although Spain did beat Germany in the European Cup two years ago.

Suarez can't play against the Netherlands, so that good for us.

dutch devil said:

Suarez can't play against the Netherlands, so that good for us.

It would be like playing against two goalkeepers :D.
All my respect to Suarez, he did what he had to do, and all this talk about cheating would've been meaningless if only Gyan had scored the penalty. If Suarez cheated, then every penalty commited to a player who has a good scoring opportunity should be regarded as cheating as well.

maggot202 said:

All my respect to Suarez, he did what he had to do... If Suarez cheated

Respect? Had to? If? In a game called football, he deliberately used his hand to prevent a goal. He couldn't win the challenge using the rules so he stepped outside them. I don't see how there can be any respect or question about whether he cheated or not.

It's just as well that such blatant disregard for the rules doesn't happen at the higher levels of the game. Ohwait.

[edit] And having just watched the incident on YouTube, it looks like 2 of them were trying to handball but only Suarez made contact. Cheating fuckers.[/edit]

So, Netherlands to the final. I feel it was a fair outcome, since for long passages of the match Netherlands was clearly the better team, but my heart raced after the second goal of Uruguay, i even found myself screaming "hit it, you son of a bitch!" at the TV on the final moment of the game, where every player was on the dutch box. A third goal from Uruguay would've been awesome.

Anyway, i really hope that Germany wins tomorrow, even if i have to contradict Paul the octopus. I don't feel that Spain deserves to be on the final match. It's a pity that, hopefully, i'll be working on a lab during the match, so God bless the radio.

GG Uruguay! Fought until the pretty exciting end. They showed something we failed to show, or Brazil for that matter (both broke down when we were lagging behind.)

Entertaining match, and good attempt by the underdog team. I guess karma hit Uruguay with the arguably offline goal that put the Netherlands ahead again.

Only one match to go, I hope we will win it. I'm getting far too nervous when watching soccer lately, maybe I should stop watching before I get some breakdown.

dutch devil said:

Only one match to go, I hope we will win it. I'm getting far too nervous when watching soccer lately, maybe I should stop watching before I get some breakdown.

Tell me about it. When Chile was still playing the world cup, i'd usually smoke a pack of 10 cigarettes in just 90 minutes. It is madness, i get more nervous when my national team plays than when my favourite team plays (Universidad Católica de Chile, if anyone cares)

maggot202 said:

So, Netherlands to the final. I feel it was a fair outcome, since for long passages of the match Netherlands was clearly the better team, but my heart raced after the second goal of Uruguay, i even found myself screaming "hit it, you son of a bitch!" at the TV on the final moment of the game, where every player was on the dutch box. A third goal from Uruguay would've been awesome.

Anyway, i really hope that Germany wins tomorrow, even if i have to contradict Paul the octopus. I don't feel that Spain deserves to be on the final match. It's a pity that, hopefully, i'll be working on a lab during the match, so God bless the radio.

I embark on a road trip across America tomorrow, and my friend assures me we will stop and watch the game in a sports bar. We better!

It was really exciting at the end when Uruguay looked like they really had a chance to equalize in the last seconds beyond the last seconds of the game. In what I think was the penultimate play of the game, I thought the blue player had some space to his right, but he tried to go left and was foiled by the Dutch defense. I was gesticulating at the computer monitor pretty adamantly at that point. They really fought to the bitter end which was great to see, especially after the late game goal.

It's interesting how going into the match I was really neutral... or at least I thought I was. But soon I found myself really gunning for the underdog... I think it was because blue was playing so well and Forlan was in top form. Nothing like seeing an underdog team play really well (although their defense always left something to be desired).

Hellbent said:

I embark on a road trip across America tomorrow, and my friend assures me we will stop and watch the game in a sports bar. We better!

Nice! How will you be traveling? Car, motorcycle?

spanish bore-ballerinas won ;( germans apparently missed muller's insane forward drive. oh well, the next wc is theirs. now c'mon holland, don't let the faggy princesses win!