Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaturalTvventy

Custom sky problem

Hey,

I'm trying to create my own custom sky from various sources. It's a nice, big, 256x1024 sky.

I just tested out this early version, and as you can see my sky is pitch black

anyone know why??

Thx,

NT

The fact that the texture is sky4 might be the problem. Usually, only sky1-3 is allowed. Also, for a "wrap around" sky, 4 patches are needed and the length should be 4x the height , i.e 1024x128.

hawkwind said:

The fact that the texture is sky4 might be the problem.

Episode 4 == 'SKY4'.

Also, this is for ZDoom which allows defining the sky per map. And the rest of what you say may be relevant for Doom.exe but not for ZDoom. Zdoom can handle a 1024x256 patch as sky.

Anyway, insufficient information here. Post a WAD containing all the relevant stuff. The problem may be elsewhere.

Graf Zahl said:

Episode 4 == 'SKY4'.

The OP didn't state it was for Ultimate Doom. I assumed, possibly incorrectly, that it was for doom2. Point taken though.

Yea sorry for the lack of specifics. Frustration post right before bed. Zdoom for the ultimate doom episode 4. I made a test map of the sky for you guys and of course the sky worked fine in it. I think I just need to take the time to figure it out myself.

Thx for the replies,

NT

This happened to me one time. I forget what I did to make it happen and I managed to fix it by accident so I don't really know how to help. I am interested to hear if anyone knows what causes that though.