Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dave_B

Duke Nukem 3D 'Build' style editor

Has anyone thought of developing an editor that has similar features to that of which is used by Duke Nukem 3D (In this case Build, where much of the level editing is done in 3D mode?

Yeah I used DeePsea and I found it to be the best (so far).

I think it's real possible to have a Build style editor for Doom, as well as automated sector design features (auto-correction of some kinds of unclosed sectors and other shit like that) so it makes map making for Doom a hell of a lot easier. I'm real suprised someone hasn't come up with something like that.

A doom version of build would kick major ass cuz i hate doing maps in any doom prog but im really good (i think so) in build

What Cube -> Doom converter?

A program that converts Cube maps to .wad.

command -> ren map.cgz moo.lmp

wintex -> new wad -> moo.wad -> load entry from file -> map01 -> moo.lmp

Maybe the Doomworld guys should make some sorta competition to see who makes the best Build clone. That'd motivate the programmers out there i think and then we'd finally get build for doom :-D

Maybe the Doomworld guys should make some sorta competition to see who makes the best Build clone. That'd motivate the programmers out there i think and then we'd finally get build for doom :-D

Heh, the latest Doomworld contest didn't get very popular, and it it didn't even require special skills...