Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ultraboy94

Predators

Just watched this film, I thought it was great and kept to the original Predator film rather well.

The "Dogs" remind me of Pinkies, and some of the feel reminds me of Doom. But then, so did most of the Alien and Predator films.

Post thoughts about this film.

When I heard about this film I just went home and watched Predator twice.

I haven't seen it yet but this movie is like 15 years too late. But then again 15 years ago the production of ORIGINAL movie ideas was still relatively higher than now.

It wasn't bad, much much better than either AvP. It won't ever match the original, but it's tied with Predator 2 for me. If you like Predator I'd say it's money well spent.

The biggest issue I had with Predator 2 was the casting of Danny Glover as the lead character. I don't find him particularly convincing as a no bullshit action cop. But I'll be checking this movie out for sure.

Just got back from seeing it. The film itself was alright, the VFX were pretty good, and the acting was decent. I still can't see Adrien Brody as a tough guy, though. It's probably his face. Personally, I find this to be his best work:

DISCLAIMER EDIT: Before this, I had only seen Predator 2 for some reason.

kristus said:

The biggest issue I had with Predator 2 was the casting of Danny Glover as the lead character. I don't find him particularly convincing as a no bullshit action cop. But I'll be checking this movie out for sure.

WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF

Danny Glover was an awesome badass!

Ultraboy94 said:

The "Dogs" remind me of Pinkies, and some of the feel reminds me of Doom. But then, so did most of the Alien and Predator films.

WHen I saw the dogs in the trailer, I thought they reminded me of Kroot hounds. Then again, when the Tau came out, the Kroot reminded me of predators (my friend even made a squad with predator masks).

I havn't seen it yet, but ever since watching AVP I would like to see more Predators. I always liked the Aliens, but after watching Predator 2 (Most of it, I turned it off after a while because because jus shitloads of random people were getting wiped away by one single alien thing. Plus, I can't see Danny Glover anywhere outside of Saw) I got a bi turned off from them. I watched more Aliens instead.

But I guess I began to like them more after AVP. ANd the dogs from the trailer actually reminded me of some Avatar creatures.

I just watched the first one again. Probably won't see this one in theaters... Not because I don't want to, but I can really only afford one movie a month and Inception looks like this one's winner.

Also, there won't be any line half as awesome as "You're all a buncha slack-jaw faggots."

kristus said:

Same here. The story for the 2nd movie was pretty much the story of the comic Predator: Concrete Jungle with couple things changed. The comic took place in NY and the cop was Detective Schaefer, Dutch Schaefer's brother. I wish they stuck to that story. It would have made the movie feel like more of a proper sequel.

I'm going to see Predators this weekend. If its better then the two shit AVP movies, its worth seeing.

Satyr000 said:

If its better then the two shit AVP movies, its worth seeing.

It is better, but don't expect too much. It's a nice movie, nothing more.

Mr. T said:

Danny Glover was an awesome badass!

Danny Glover as a badass ends up being a parody of movie badasses. It's as if Mr Rogers was a beat cop with a huge stack of guns in his trunk.

Danny Glover is a big cuddly papa bear. That's why he worked so well in the Lethal Weapon movies.

kristus said:

It's as if Mr Rogers was a beat cop with a huge stack of guns in his trunk.

Now that's a movie I wouldn't miss for the world.

The "plot twists" were about as predictable as a clock, but other than that, yes, miles better than the AvP films.

kristus said:

Danny Glover as a badass ends up being a parody of movie badasses. It's as if Mr Rogers was a beat cop with a huge stack of guns in his trunk.

Danny Glover is a big cuddly papa bear. That's why he worked so well in the Lethal Weapon movies.

Saw it the other day. Wasn't expecting much but it was the only film on that I fancied. However, I was pleasantly surprised. It's not a great movie but it was entertaining enough and held together pretty well. The story (such as it was) was fine and the characters were well enough developed to suit their purpose. I'd happily watch it again.

Much better than the AVP movies.

[edit]
one minor thing that I noticed was

Spoiler

In the trailer, you see the male lead getting lit up by a large number of predator 3-laser-spot sights. When I'd only seen the trailer, I thought - "WTF, that's a lot of predators". However, in the movie, it's only a single sight that lands on him. Having gone back to look at the trailer again, the additional ones look as if they have been added on (could be my imagination). Anyway, either way, I thought that this difference was interesting especially given the job of the trailer to draw audiences in.