Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Clonehunter

Editing PSX Doom

Well lookignthrough the files on my computer, I noticed that every map is its own wad file, and then theres one big PSXDOOM.WAD. Even though none of my tools can crack them, has anyone else ever succesfully modified the PSX DooM? And I mean by anything, like stats, sprites, levels... Any way at all?

Do a search on the threads here on doomworld. You'll find a lot of info posted by me and several others.

Aren't they big endian? I once added support for big endian wad files in SLADE3 so as to look at jagdoom's content, but dropped it because practically all the lumps were encrypted so it was kinda pointless.

The algorithm to decompress the lumps is pretty well known now and shouldn't be difficult to implement. Though the format for the lump data is way different. The textures/sprites are mostly raw while the maps has a slightly modified sector format.

Kaiser said:

Do a search on the threads here on doomworld. You'll find a lot of info posted by me and several others.

What should I use as Keywords? And am I looking for titles or posts? 'Playstation Doom' brought up some interesting threads, but nothing more... I'll be guessing that I'll search your name perhaps?

I'm going to hijack this thread and ask if some one has made a MUGSHOT like the one in PSX Doom. I love it when it explodes.

The face from the Jaguar version fits in perfectly alongside the other mugshot graphics, unlike the PSX face that has been resized. Grab Kaiser's console Doom resource pack from idgames, it's in there. If you want it for ZDoom, import the graphics as XDTH0-5 and paste this into a SBARINFO lump:

mugshot "XDeath"
{
XDTH0 4;
XDTH1 4;
XDTH2 4;
XDTH3 4;
XDTH4 4;
XDTH5 4;
NULL -1;
}

InsanityBringer said:

You can find some info at the old Console Doom hacking project thread, but I'm not sure how useful all of the information will be for your needs.

Geez, thats a lot of crap... But good crap. That is a lot of good info. Nice to know things like console modding is coming too. Too bad the shots of PSX Modding didn't seem to be active anymore.