Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AveryMaurice

They are making a movie about... facebook?

I think this is stupid, probably just riding on the facebook hype as well as just being an advertisement campaign in general, the little nerd kid (the facebook hero) faces off against the big scary jocks (the bad guys) over the ownership of facebook.

Thoughts?

It ain't the real "fucktard" deal without a Seth Rogen lookalike, I'm telling ya.

Funny about that. Some guy is suing Zuckerberg over FB now. Claims he owns 83% of it or something like that. When I saw the trailer for that movie I wondered how they cashed in on that so fast. Must have been a coincidence. Looks like Pirates of Silicon Valley, but not half as cool.

my respect to david fincher dropped a lot after hearing he's directing this... 'drama'. oh yeah and justin timberlake masked as a nerd. oscar plea much?

Once upon a time...

On a website called Facebook...

Everybody was happy...

But then...

ONE DAY...

"Lets change the design of it"

THIS SUMMER

ONE MAN

WILL HAVE THE COURAGE

TO START UP

A GROUP COMPLAINING ABOUT

THE NEW DESIGN!

"If this group gets 100,000 members theyll change it bak NOT A joke" - In cinemas August 18th!

Enjay said:

LOL. That should just about cover it.

Agreed. I saw the trailer for this last night. Clearly murder is the only option.

Since things tend to get copied and become trends, I'm just waiting for the inevitable "True Story of MySpace" movie, a Google movie, and a movie about YouTube. On the otherhand, we might get to see "DOOMWORLD Forums: The Movie". I can only hope!

(On an unrelated note, I finally saw the trailer for Tron: Legacy last night. OMG NERDGASM!)

Well, there are actually movies-documentaries about Linux and GNU/Open Source although those are more on the serious side.

And a youtube movie? Ugh.... I'd expect it to be a collage of white-text-on-blue-background subtitles made with Windows Movie Maker, with some lame-ass comments including the use of "your" as in "your an idiot" and "you're" as in "you're video sucks", all set to some fucktarded, All-American teen trash metal music.

Oh, and it should be full of "CLIK HEAR TO SUBSCRIBE TO MAH VIDZ KTHANKS" and "VOTE FIVE!!!!" popups.

The only way I'd watch a movie remotely like this is if they made a movie of Masters of Doom.

What next? Newgrounds, ebaumsworld, Something Awful and realultimatepower?

It would only be interesting if they made Zuckerberg look like the spoiled unethical douchebag that he is.

it would be nice if the movie was more about the rise and fall of facebook.

Maes said:

realultimatepower?

Might be interesting if it was about REAL NINJAS who flip out and kill people.

Looks like the "Wizard" of Facebook.
By that I mean it being an embarrassingly terrible film mainly focused on advertising already popular companies.

Technician said:

I don't think Facebook could possibly need any advertising. Every gadget and human uses it.

Exactly why I said "already popular" companies

Trent Reznor did the soundtrack.

Technician said:

Every gadget and human uses it.

Not really.

jute said:

I thought you were lying until I went on NIN's official website.

jute said:

Goddammit, Trent, they drove a dump truck full of money to your house, didn't they?

Texas Libra said:

I've played them. Best mods ever. Never beat the third one though, the final boss battle always crashed ZDoom. Somebody should make the movie ftw.

jute said:

You're telling me he quit doing NIN tours and now he's doing this? The man can't be that damn hard up for money.