Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnatone

Inception

If DooM wads worked like dreams demos wouldn't work. :p

Yes, waking up and finding you're in a dream is common. AndrewB got it right. It's still one dream, albeit a weird, confusing and potentially disturbing one. I had one last week where I woke up about four times in a row. It was just stupid. I've never been to the bathroom so many times in quick succession.

Cobb's limbo world was very bleh. Why be so impressed with a place where 99.99999% of the buildings are cloned into an endless city grid? It looked like one of those packed Sim City 2000 maps. Fifty years designing a world with his wife and he came up with communist high-rise blocks. :/

Interestingly, a friend of mine just heard a radio interview with Leonardo Dicaprio. The interviewer said to him something like "Isn't this mainly a movie for 14 year old boys to watch then go to school the following day and talk about how cool it was". Leo apparently answered with a simple "yes".

Throughout the interview, he praised the technical achievements of the movie, the stylish looks, the special effects and so on. He also said that it was an enjoyable movie to work on and that he was happy with the finished product. However, he also said a number of times, things that support what I quoted in the first paragraph.

Perhaps that's why I am only luke warm about it - I'm not the target audience. /shrugs

Maybe more like 19 year old boys, because I thought it was sick and my brother is 14 and didn't get it. He's over-estimating the mental capacity of 14 year olds.

Enjay said:

Perhaps that's why I am only luke warm about it - I'm not the target audience. /shrugs

Would you consider watching an extended version when it comes out on video?

40oz said:

Maybe more like 19 year old boys, because I thought it was sick and my brother is 14 and didn't get it. He's over-estimating the mental capacity of 14 year olds.

Sounds like my English class in grade 8, where nobody could follow the plot of "The Hunt for Red October." It's disturbing when teenagers can't follow movies.

Use3D said:

Would you consider watching an extended version when it comes out on video?

Yeah, sure. Like I said, I don't think it's a bad movie, just a little under cooked. I'd like to see what they would do if they took things further.

I agree that Leo may have been overestimating the capacity of 14 year olds - or, alternatively, perhaps he was acknowledging the fact that a typical 14 year old will call something cool because everyone else in class says it's cool even though they themself didn't have a clue what was going on. At 14 years old, most kids (particularly stupid ones) find it almost impossible to swim against the current.

Aliotroph? said:

Sounds like my English class in grade 8, where nobody could follow the plot of "The Hunt for Red October." It's disturbing when teenagers can't follow movies.

Hah. Try watching "O Brother, Where Art Thou" with a bunch of idiotic 8th graders who can't sit still through all the 'gay' bluegrass music and THEN trying, as a group, to find all the similarities to The Odyssey.