Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mattfrie1

The hardest game of all time

1.9m, and I still haven't figured out a constistent way to coordinate the controls (assuming that they are not outright broken and this is just an exercise in futility). The fact that there is no tutorial or hints/tips doesn't help.

Edit: make that 3 meters.

As to if it's the hardest of all time...it's pretty much on par with a helicopter simulator without having an idea of how helicopter flight works.

40.1 meters, then I grew really bored and went careless.

I still don't know how we're supposed to play, though. This 2/5 run of the game was an exercise in anatomically implausible movements and snail-like reptation.

4.1, mostly by doing some sort of Can Can.

This is pretty much a great simulation of inverse kinematics and demonstrates why it's so hard to program robots to run.

Made it to 45.8 metres. I don't know, I think the character becomes more prone to fall as you go further, because I remained consistent yet he somehow flipped backwards and fell.

After about 15-20 tries, I manage to reach 45.5 meters after getting use to the controls before falling.

I got up to 15.3 meters on my last try. I made my guy hop around like a crab, but that only works for so long until he ends up hopping backwards. :/

The hurdle at 50 m made me lol, and the long jump at the finish line even more so.

I found a stable position on the right knee, kept the left leg in the air the whole time by holding down 'w', and carefully tapped 'q' to hop.

Used exp(x)'s tactic but my balls were stuck on a hurdle from 50m to 67m and then I fell.
This game is boring as hell.

exp(x) said:

I found a stable position on the right knee, kept the left leg in the air the whole time by holding down 'w', and carefully tapped 'q' to hop.

Same thing I did.

Except...

Is it possible to actually run in this game or does everyone just do what I did and just worm across with the left leg while the right knee holds him upright? according to the screenshots that's what it looks like :/

I kind of figured out the principle of basic walking except his upper body doesn't want to lean into the direction he is going, so it just lags behind and falls backwards.

Yeah, there's a bit more than leg muscle actions going into balancing a person while he/she walks or runs. The author tries to simplify it to the point of omitting upper body compensation and leaves out how the inner ear is used to gauge balance, which could've been used as a slowmo recovery system.

E: Hmm, I guess it is possible to run ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ8RIT64CSM

Bam! Minus 3 metres. Can't go any further due to what looks like a grey concrete block.

Technician said:

You fail it.

Whatever happened to "everyone's a winner" ?

I may have failed it, but at least i showed "real courage" and for this i stand proud. I will remember my -3 run for the rest of my life.

I used the knee shuffle tactic. This game is way too easy to exploit. Therefore, this thread is now about I Want To Be the Guy.

I started horribly, but now I can run reliably. I went 43 meters, and it was scary how fast I was. It looked like good running form at a couple of points.

The key is to press alternate keys at the same time, q+P, then w+o. And once you have that down, I think it helps to press the q or w key shortly before you depress the o or p key.

Deeforce said:

[...] hardest game that you all know... it was posted in the past on doomworld and it still kicks ass!

That's actually shit-easy compared to QWOP. Simple mechanics, and once you figure out what your speed/maneucering limits are, you can probably pass almost any level. Hell, I played it casually for 1 minute and passed 5 levels!

Maes said:

That's actually shit-easy compared to QWOP.

Yeah, it's shit-easy compared to QWOP, but I'm not sure if QWOP really qualifies as a game. It's more like a try at making virtual retardlympics.

This would be an awesome online game