Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
killer2

Custom title thread

In this thread the members that have a custom title are invited to tell us why and when they got their custom titles.Yeah,I'm a curious person.

I can tell you when but not why. It was Easter 2009 and I assume one of the admins decided to play "secret Santa", so to me that custom title is a digital Easter Egg.

I eventually got mine somewhere in mid-to-late 2009 if I recall correctly. The precise reasons are a mystery, but I think it had something to do with perseverance and congruency, which are my biggest virtues.

Thank you for your answers.Would be interesting to see how Danarchy got his custom title.

Tobes of Hades, lit by flickering torchlight
The netherworld is gathered in the glare
Prince By-Tor takes the cavern to the north light
The sign of Eth is rising in the air

By-Tor, knight of darkness
Centurion of evil, Devil's prince

_.·´¯`·._.·´¯`·._.·´¯`·._.·´¯`·._.·´¯`·._.·´¯`·._

Across the River Styx, out of the lamplight
His nemesis is waiting at the gate
The Snow Dog, ermine glowing in the damp night
Coal black eyes shimmering with hate

By-Tor and the Snow Dog
Square for battle, let the fray begin

The battle's over and the dust is clearing
Disciples of the Snow Dog sound the knell
Rejoicing echoes as the dawn is nearing
By-Tor in defeat retreats to Hell

Snow Dog is victorious
The land of the Overworld is saved again, is saved again

Out of pity, out of shame, or to see the story unfold
The Men Who Hold High Places adorn me with this gift
Or perhaps it was just the fact that I am SO DAMN OLD!?

I asked for mine and I got one. I'm not sure it's relevant to anything I've ever said or done here, but it's nice to have. Makes me feel special.

I think I got mine during the great Newdoom exodus of 2003. Was that 2003? I think so. Anyway, there was some crap and some of those guys came here instead of there. I used to append Aliotroph?.postCount++; as my sig all the time there because I posted a lot, often when I should have been working on some code. I don't remember who gave me the title or exactly when, though.

I had the crazy transportation adviser from Sim City 2000 as my avatar, so the rest is self-explanatory. I should get it changed.

Danarchy said:

, so the rest is self-explanatory.

Not really.I know nothing about simcity.
Edit:I must say I liked your older avatar better (the one before the one you are using now.

Mine came about because I go through cycles where I play DDR almost every day, and I used to post about it in Blogs. I don't really post about it anymore, but I do still play it quite a bit.

My custom title reflects how much I'm loved here. :(

Since I am a special forum op. I can make my own. Megablast is an old track by Bomb the bass from the late eighties which were picked up and used in the game Xenon 2. (<3)

Plus, I am a megablast of awesome...

I got my custom title a long time ago. It was from the "Guess the Doom screenshot and get a custom title" thread. My custom title is partially based on a quote from Metal Gear Solid when Otacon told Snake that Sniper Wolf was a good person because she liked dogs.

I am a resourceful agent for my country. Not really sure what else needs to be said about it.

I am still just an unremarkable old Doomworld member. I look forward to the day when I will morph into a giant metallic staple.

I asked for mine when one of the admins (presumably) got bored and started asking people if they wanted custom titles. As it happens, I'm beginning to regret it because of Castlevania Judgment - the one game that even a Super-Fanboy cannot love.

Ichor was handing out custom titles one day in EE. My request was simply my username with a question mark. Then I lost it after being losered.

I was losered because I was drunk and was unsuccessfully arguing generalizations about the People's Republic of China with Myk. I may or may not have insulted his mother as well.

Me memory be a bit hazy from that period.

Mine is probably the most parodied and misinterpreted custom title on these forums. The comment referred to a girl who was pursuing me but I had no interest in. My decision was to ignore her. Hence the title.

POTGIESSER said:

Me memory be a bit hazy from that period.

That was back when you were the forum clown. What happen to those days?

I make my own. Half have been ATHF quotes. My first custom title given to me was a quote from the Doom comic, which I did nothing to earn and had nothing to do with me.