Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Reisal

Wolf Creator

http://www.wolfenstein3d.co.uk/utilities.htm

There is an RMG for Wolf3d labeled "Creator" in the list but when I go to tell the program to create the levels, it bitches that it cannot find the original game which is also in the directory I installed it to!

Has anyone had experience with this program and getting it to work?

I used this program a long time ago, but the levels it generated weren't even that great as far as I remember. They mostly resembled large Episode 2 boss rooms connected by random doors and long hallways. You might need to install it in the same place you have your Wolf3D stuff. Not sure if that'll work though.

It IS in my Wolf3d (Namely NewWolf dir) directory. Tried from Steam Wolf3d dir and spat out the same message.

Still gives me "Game not found" BS with me using E:\GAMES\NEWWOLF as the directory.

Have you tried editing WOLFGAME.DIR to tell Wolf Creator where to find Wolf 3D? By default it looks in it's parent directory.

GreyGhost said:

Have you tried editing WOLFGAME.DIR to tell Wolf Creator where to find Wolf 3D? By default it looks in it's parent directory.

That's exactly what I did, I'm not sure WHY it is quitting rather than making replacement levels.

If your search path is under a line that says "..\" (without the quotation marks) comment out or delete that line.

It works for me with Wolf 3D located at C:\DOSGAMES\WOLF3D and Wolf Creator at C:\DOSGAMES\WOLF3D\CREATOR - no need to edit WOLFGAME.DIR.

BTW - I'm using XP-Pro and the 2001 CD re-release of Wolf 3D.

Am I the only one who saw this thread title and instantly thought that this was a method for creating furries?

Shaikoten said:

Am I the only one who saw this thread title and instantly thought that this was a method for creating furries?

Yes.

GreyGhost said:

If your search path is under a line that says "..\" (without the quotation marks) comment out or delete that line.

It works for me with Wolf 3D located at C:\DOSGAMES\WOLF3D and Wolf Creator at C:\DOSGAMES\WOLF3D\CREATOR - no need to edit WOLFGAME.DIR.

BTW - I'm using XP-Pro and the 2001 CD re-release of Wolf 3D.

I created a /CREATOR subdir and ran it from there..and it worked. Thanks GreyGhost and anyone else who posted.

Creator generates 60 similar and multitextured levels for you. Each level is a torturous maze (with a little bit of structure) chock full of hardcore mutants, officers as well as ss cops, regular guards and dogs (all in all a big fat painful salad of death). Enjoy.

You're better off building your own levels with FloEdit. Unlike with Doom, it really only takes a day to draw the map, playtest and finalize it. I know it's not as rewarding.

Shaikoten said:

It was in the back of my head, but mostly just you. Hmm, furry creator... I'll get right on it!

As soon as I load up NewWolf, I get killed immediately but can't see any enemies but seeing floating "Demo" words around me.

Mr. Chris said:

As soon as I load up NewWolf, I get killed immediately but can't see any enemies but seeing floating "Demo" words around me.

HAHA OWNED.

printz said:

Creator generates 60 similar and multitextured levels for you. Each level is a torturous maze (with a little bit of structure) chock full of hardcore mutants, officers as well as ss cops, regular guards and dogs (all in all a big fat painful salad of death). Enjoy.

You're better off building your own levels with FloEdit. Unlike with Doom, it really only takes a day to draw the map, playtest and finalize it. I know it's not as rewarding.

Yea but I'm a slower mapper, even when collaborating (On and off for a month with Jodwin to finalize Chapel of Chaos) but I can always go back to Oblige..which creates much higher replayable levels for Doom. :7

andrewj said:

Tried RANDWOLF?

Hmmm, never heard of it...will try it if you can provide a link to it's page/download. Tho I don't understand why I keep dying shortly at the start from the levels made with Wolf Creator using the NewWolf port (need a better port that lets episodes end properly :( )