-All NPCs but 1 are killable
-3 Currencies
-Nonviolent playthroughs possible
-Reputation System
-Weapon Modding
-Gambling

Can't wait at all.

-No Metro Tunnels

This was all it took for me to know that it would be a thousand times better than Fallout 3.

I suppose it wouldn't help to say that underground metro tunnels would probably be one of the few features to survive a nuclear holocaust so it's not unreasonable to find many of them in such a game. They never bothered me at all.

Use3D said:

I suppose it wouldn't help to say that underground metro tunnels would probably be one of the few features to survive a nuclear holocaust so it's not unreasonable to find many of them in such a game. They never bothered me at all.

That's not the problem.

The problem was you had to go through them in order to get to most parts of DC. Ghouls leaping out of darkness is only so scary for so long, and becomes annoying fast.

I liked the metro, but I'm weird.

My biggest complaint about FO3 was that for a world set 200 years after a holocaust, it looked like the difference was closer to 40 years. Seriously, whole cities sprung up with no manufacturing capability greater than bolting together scrap metal after 200 years?

But that was just a believability thing. The game was fun. Too simple, but fun. This new one looks awesome.

Even as someone who didn't like Fallout 3, I'm quite excited about this game.

Mr. Freeze said:

-All NPCs but 1 are killable

This is the one point I haven't heard about before. Does that mean there aren't any children?

No killing children? fuck that.

Man, I can't wait for this to come out. I fucking love post apocalyptic wasetlands. Zombies, Nukes, Mutants, I love em all.

Like Aliotroph? said, I too like the metro tunnels in Fallout 3.

Thing is, Fallout 3 is mod-able to hell and back, which is awesome. Hopefully New Vegas will be great... we'll see I guess. :p

What is the point in 3 currencies? Isn't one enough?

Doom Dude said:

What is the point in 3 currencies? Isn't one enough?

Each faction has their own currency, and bottle caps are the "general" currency. Works for me. I don't expect a nuclear-ravaged wasteland to have a general money system anyway.

Looking forward too this game. Its probably high up in my list of must play games. I loved Fallout 3, its one of the best games I played. I hope the playing world is alot bigger than Fallout 3, I like exploring the wastelands.

The thing that annoyed me a bit was that they forced you to use the metro tunnels to get to some other part of the map. And of course I always got lost in the metro tunnels, and ended up in an area on the wrong side. So had to go back down the tunnels and try a different route. I never disliked exploring the metro tunnels though, just the part that you were forced to use them to discover new areas.

I've logged well over 100 hours on Fallout 3/Broken Steel/Point Lookout. Really looking forward to New Vegas...

Mr. Freeze said:

That's not the problem.

The problem was you had to go through them in order to get to most parts of DC. Ghouls leaping out of darkness is only so scary for so long, and becomes annoying fast.

and once you got the ghoul mask and could walk through the metro tunnels with practically no resistance it got pretty boring.

Aliotroph? said:

So that's what that thing was for! Meh. It was never a problem anyway. Feral ghouls are weak bastards.

that's why I dislike them. They're so boring and killing them poses absolutely no challenge. I could probably even do it in my sleep. I usually just find myself turning to unconventional weapons just to make things a bit more interesting with them.

Did anyone else seem to exit the metro tunnels thinking you'd be right where the next objective was, but somehow you'd been shot all the way to the other side of the city, in the opposite direction? That was my biggest complaint.

Ryathaen said:

Did anyone else seem to exit the metro tunnels thinking you'd be right where the next objective was, but somehow you'd been shot all the way to the other side of the city, in the opposite direction? That was my biggest complaint.

Ex-fucking-actly.

Ryathaen said:

Just like in real life, it's a little thing called learn to ride the subway bitch.

I've ended up in Harlem one too many times to not know exactly where I'm going.

Mite b cool. Seems like a high budget mod rather than a full-fledged game though. There was a video on youtube of F:NV I saw, and they managed to make the running animation look worse. Maybe they were trying to make it look like the running in FO1/2, but the result looks like running on an ice floor with oiled banana shoes.

I didn't think much of metro tunnels themselves, but navigating D.C. itself was a pain in the ass because of them. An actual open-world city would be cool instead of 1000 identical crossings with rubble blocking the road.

Also, this might be just me, but I think that the Intelligence stat is dumb (no pun intended) because it's essential for all kinds of characters. What's the point? Reminds me of Diablo II where all builds were "enough str/dex for items, rest on vit, reroll if you accidentally hit energy"

Mr. Freeze said:

-No Metro Tunnels

Reminds me of doom but its creepier
but who cares still is like blastin
former humans fallout 3 but not in
this one cause they gone