Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Herculine

The chicken or the egg?

This may seem like an extremely dumb question to most, but I've mostly just played Doom and only recently got my hands on other id games by buying the Super Pack off Steam:

Which comes first, Hexen or Heretic?

I'm the Rooster, just in case. Did I mention I'm the Rooster?

If you're into the whole God thing, I think I'm right in saying that he has a tendancy to make everything in perfect form, or something... so uh, chicken!

An egg would have been far easier to sculpt though. And that puffer fish must have been a real nightmare to work around unless he had some kind of mould.

You know, this is all real good stuff. I might jot that down...

Whichever comes first, the Rooster comes and puts it in its place.

bytor said:

:::snow dog chases "The Rooster" around the yard:::

It doesn't work that way, because life is like a henhouse. In the henhouse, there are the hens and the Rooster, and you can only be either. Tertium non datur.

If I was speaking about sheep and a sheep-dog, then maybe -maybe- the snow dog would have a chance.

Chickens - by a long margin. The egg as we know it (with it's hard, white exterior) is the result of a symbiotic relationship between chickens and that least understood branch of the animal kingdom - the shell family. Before their evolutionary path crossed that of the shells, chicken eggs were too soft for a brooding fowl to sit on so they were laid in pools of warm water and left there to incubate. The problem with that strategy is that prehistoric chicken populations were clustered around geothermal hot springs, which are hazardous environments at the best of times with not much to eat apart from brine shrimps. Accepting the shell as a symbiont allowed the chicken to harden it's eggs, extend it's range to less extreme environments and broaden it's diet.

Anyway, we should rather ask who came first: the dinosaur or the egg?

K!r4 said:

Anyway, we should rather ask who came first: the dinosaur or the egg?

Heretic