Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

youtube.com/lifeinaday

did anyone hear about this? I'm kinda surprised no one's made a post about it. I shot some footage for it and will submit it, but am not expecting any of it to be used in the final film. None of my shots were planned in advance and my footage is not very compelling. I wonder if anyone will actually submit some real content for this project? Seems to me they shouldn't have limited it to a certain day. Limiting it to 24 hours is fine, but you should be able to choose the day you film about.

http://www.youtube.com/lifeinaday

A time capsule of sorts, so people of the future can look at that, and say...how incredibly boring.

yeah, i respect the filmmakers' having a vision of moving or inspirational or interesting content... but the whole premise is wrong... most day's are unremarkable. My day was actually pretty interesting because I was in albuquerque and there was a street festival where they shut down the street for the day. the festival wasn't anything special, but at least it operated as an out of the ordinary backdrop for the film.

When I saw it, I thought much the same as Use3D. That and I also wondered about how their blurb was talking about 6 billion contributors and I wondered how many of the people on the planet had access to video recording equipment, video editing software, a reasonable internet connection and a YouTube account. I figured it was a lot less than 6 billion. Then I thought to myself who would be likely to contribute to this project and I thought about the usual standard of YouTube submissions, comments and average intelligence of a YouTube user and somewhere inside, I died just a little.

I was going to make a submission about how much I love Doom but there was a rule of showing no copyright stuff(example: you can't show a can of Coca-Cola on your video)and I was like fuck it. The documentary is going to end up sucking anyway due to 90% of the Youtube community having little to no intelligence.

People are making a bigger deal out of it then it actually is. Bet the film is going to be boring as fuck as well, half the YouTube population isn't my kind of "entertainment".

There's no need to advertise something that google spams on their front page for a millisecond or longer and thus seen by 8 thousand million billion 1/2 people (like their previous pacman logo). Maybe its some long term business plan to put the brand 'google' inside a time capsule as well.
Having a contest for kids to draw their logo, indoctrinating the next generation with 'google', is disturbing like having an evil clown hook kids on happy meals. Even in the future when the burgers are made of kids, they'll probably still put a toy inside.
Google are dumb because they don't realize the advertising power they have. What they SHOULD do is suddenly advertise a huge disguised pyramid scheme on their main page and all their viral sites (youtube, google video, etc). No government could stop them in time (they are the government anyway) and in only about a week they could own ALL the money in the world. Just something any idiot would fall for, exploiting their history of trust, like "google super charity: we at google want to change the world for the better, so for every dollar you donate to help solve our worlds problems, we'll pay you back double". Sure enough, they pay double back to the first round of people, but then word of mouth spreads and everyone starts paying them, they stop paying back.

Philnemba said:

I was going to make a submission about how much I love Doom but there was a rule of showing no copyright stuff(example: you can't show a can of Coca-Cola on your video)and I was like fuck it. The documentary is going to end up sucking anyway due to 90% of the Youtube community having little to no intelligence.

I was considering going to the store and buying a lottery ticket. Guess it wouldn't have worked anyway.

Where were those rules? The only links I could find on those videos were links to the YouTube page itself.

DuckReconMajor said:

Where were those rules? The only links I could find on those videos were links to the YouTube page itself.

The rules were on one of the videos from the channel.

gggmork said:

What they SHOULD do is...

Yes, they should clearly do this. I'm sure that taking over society and destroying it (and themselves) in the process is just what their shareholders lie awake at night and masturbate over.

This amused me...

gggmork said:

Google are dumb because they don't realize the advertising power they have.

We are talking about the same google right? The one that looked at what was the current advertising vogue at the time (mainly banner ads), realised that it didn't work and that it was a user turn-off and then single handedly redefined how advertising on the internet was handled and became one of the fastest growing companies ever on the back of it?

I will send u some boxer shorts if you tell me your address, please