Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clonehunter

Jurassic Park TC

I don't understand why your making a 90's style TC, in 2010..

I can understand if you wanna make an old style WAD, but you might want to rethink your engine, ZDoom has TOO MANY features for you to create your own new actors, to just leave them untouched and just replace whats there in Doom (Graphic replacments, and leaving the behavior of monsters as is).. =/.

Who fucking cares what "Year Style" this is? What your saying is almost like saying, "Well who plays a a video game from the 90's? Its 2010! Play Halo 5000."

Yes. Alright. Btw, I have a few more screenshots to post soon, as I finally got some Dilophosaurus graphics for the Imp. A bit of a spoiler, I basically took the JP Rampage Edition Game Raptor graphics, added a head a crest to all of the sprites, and wallah! Unfortunatly, he only "faces" left or right due to the nature of Rampage being a side scroller. Still, fun though. I'll post them when I'm done tearing down my ceiling.

I just meant you should tweak the behavior and make the dinosuars act like dinosuars rather than just Doom monster skins.. Since your engine allows you to do so.

Happy? :P

Yes. Odds are, that will have to happen for at least two monsters. The Spiderdemon (The Rex, which needs to be a fast moving Melee killer) and the Cacodemon (Fast moving Pteranodon with also melee attack)

I just don't how to do it... And now I gotta look in to it now too. Unless someone else wants the job :P

Alright here are the shots I promised:

http://a.imageshack.us/img709/5275/screenshotdoom201008231.png

The Dilo as it dies, and the Spas12 shotgun.

http://a.imageshack.us/img836/5275/screenshotdoom201008231.png

A non dying Dilo spittin poisen. Screenshots don't really have too much to show for, but nonetheless, here ya go. Now all I need is Pteranodon sprites (If the only the ones from JP Rampage were around somewhere), and some big TRex sprites.

Quasar said:

May I suggest the SNES Jurassic Park games as further material? They have fantastic sound tracks that pushed the SPC700 to its utter limit.

You aren't kidding! I had played Jurassic Park for the SNES, but not 2 (extensively anyway) and when I heard some tracks from 2, I seriously thought they were from a late-90s FPS with module music.

Are you just replacing sprites but giving no new behavior to monsters? Please tell me this isn't the case, I would hate to see a dino shooting imp fireballs (or worst, Mancubi spam attacks).

The only monsters who I plan to eventualy change the AI of would be The Spiderdemon and the Caco (THis Is for UDoom, so no Mancubi).

As for Imps, no they are not changed. Dilophosaurus (Spitters) now replace the Imp and Baron. with venom spit attack!! (For some reason, when I changed the Baron and imp projectiles to black, they became white and very transparent...)

If you're going to change these, why not to change all? It's about you to make a great mod or a mediocre one.

Imagine a Velociraptor that moves like Demon, that isn't fun. Now imagine one fast, that also can leap. It isn't really hard to use DECORATE. You can use existing DECORATE codes as base to create new behaviors with ease.

With DECORATE also you can add as many classes of dinos as you want.

Okey, at least don't make shotgun dropping dinos. And don't get surprised if the thread needs a new bump.

Jump Idea is interewsting. Probally just paste code from the one Realm 667 Demon. As for adding more Dinos, YOu apparently don't know what an incredibly difficult thing it is to aquire MORE dino graphics. Making them, is well, hard. Finding exisiting things to use as sprites is also very hard. Unless you have a pack of TRex graphics just sitting on your Hard-Drive, well.... SOmething! (lol)

Clonehunter said:

Jump Idea is interewsting. Probally just paste code from the one Realm 667 Demon. As for adding more Dinos, YOu apparently don't know what an incredibly difficult thing it is to aquire MORE dino graphics. Making them, is well, hard. Finding exisiting things to use as sprites is also very hard. Unless you have a pack of TRex graphics just sitting on your Hard-Drive, well.... SOmething! (lol)

You could look for a good artist (or several good artists) on the forums, I'm sure that some one here will be willing to do them after you've completed most of the levels.

Figured I'd mention this now if it hasn't already. Nublar was napalm bombed. Both in the Novel and the movie's canon. Though the napalm bombing wasn't known about for sure in the movie canon until Jurassic Park the Game which is a canon followup to the first movie.

As for the mod, I'm glad someone is finally taking the rails here. I was about to myself as a first modding project. I even took some photos of some 3D dinosaur models I have and was gonna digitize them eventually for use in the DOOM engine.

Though, my idea was to try and make a game conversion of the first Novel that the first movie was based off of as it's a lot more violent. Perfect for Doom. Your idea sounds good as well though. Keep up the good work and I hope you actually get some working sprites. =) I'd actually love to help with this project but I'm a terrible spriter. Kinda why I was gonna digitize photos of those 3D models.

Man, I hate my 2010 posting self.

Anyways, this was from before Nublar was bombed (Movie Canon). Though of course, all the JP games seem to keep their own canon. Though I think they all destroyed Nublar too, though I don't remember if Trespasser ever mentioned it.