Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clonehunter

Jurassic Park TC

You know, there are like hundreds of TC's out there, some which are cool (Half Life TC I think), some which are bad (LEGO TC) and some which are rather good, but on the brink of stupidity (Simnpsons TC). Amzingly, despite all the TCs, lucrative or not, like the famous Aliens TC or the ever popular Ghostbusters TC, and there are even some STar Wars TC's. But none the less, I've always been a bit surprised to never find a Jurassic Park TC, or just even a themed map... So I started one... Whoop de doo...

Anyways, Some Info:
This TC is currently for Ultimate Doom, replacing the first three episodes, KDitD, SoH, and Inferno. SO far, only one map is all complete, the second is being worked on, and only static object sprites have been completed, like trees, rocks, Safari cars, dead animals, and herbivore dinosaurs. Half Life soldiers are acting as place holders for the Zombies until I can grab graphics from elsewhere (The animations for the Poacher from Carnivores Ice Age would be a good choice If I could extract the model into a viewer or something...).

Enemies include Raptors (Pinky's), Spitters (Baron of Hell and Imp), T-Rex (Cyber Demon), Mercs (Zombiemen), and a Helicopter (Spider Mastermind), A screeching Pterosaur (Cacoberry), and small white birds (Lost Souls).

Help Wanted:
Due to my inabilities witrh such things, and also since I can never seem to finsish something on my own, This I guess is kinda a Help Wanted thing. Firstly, If anyone at all woulkd like to help with mapping send me a PM, and I'll send you the resouces I currently have (Textures, Sprites, sounds, whatever...) and some extra info, regarding what map you'd like to help in...

Um, I have no idea whatsoever on how to create new Midi's for music or whataver. If someone could really help with that, that would be great!

And someone who can work well with Dehacked, or whatever can be used for changing text. Mainly the intermission briefing between episodes, and some other text strings.

Not sure if I'm missing anything up there.

Extra Crap... er... Info:

Each episode is a different story arc, due to the fact that episodes for UDoom don't merge into one another, and that you must start each episode 'fresh'. So, just some quick BG story for each (And just for the phucking hell of it)

Isla Sorna: While flying over Isla Sorna with your Buddy in a helicopter, a flick of large leatherly birds flys nearbye. One flys to close however and gets caught in the Choppers rudders. The 'copter falls into the island Jungle. When you wake up, your buddy is dead, the 'copter destroyed, and all you have is a small revolver with some ammo in it. It's time to get off the island, but how?

BioSyn Incorporated: When a man is brought back from Isla Sorna after crash landing there, another man is sent back to the island! InGen, the owner of Sorna, has recently recieved news the a large number of well armed mercenaries working for BioSyn, InGen's rival company, have been found on the Island kidnapping Dinosaurs, and planning to take them off island to somewhere else. The Costa Rican government is horrified with the idea of Dinosaurs leaving the island, but find that they are too tied up with some unclear issues with Isla Nublar, Ingens first Island. InGen sends in there best agent, YOU, to stop the BioSyn plot. You don't know what they are capable of, until a homing rocket strikers or copter!

Jurassic Doom: While InGen fights mercenaries on Sorna, the CRG is fighting Drug Lords who converted Nublar to their own hideout. Thats not all. It appears the Drug Lords have employed Dinosaurs to act as personal gaurd dogs for them. You havbe ben hired to undermine the Drug Cartel, and wipe out thier supplies, Dinosaurs, and thier Helicopter...

So yah, um... Help wanted... (I have some screenshots fo E1M1 for later, I just wanna see what people think of the general Idea, and I anyone wants to help.)

EDIT: Sorry I didn't have these before, but here are a few screenies.

This is the starting area from E1M1. As you can see, there are some ZDoom Particle fountains... Also, I'm sure both the chopper and the dead guy may look familiar...

Static Dinos from E1M2. Just stationary sprites. Both Operation Genesis. The Cory is big I know. But it is supposed to be.

Familiar gun, right? Anyways, an old building with a path, also from M2. I'm gonna try something with the roof there, maybe make it not so square.

Two more images from E1M2. Another building with a door. Second image is inside the building. I'm not quite done with that yet.

Anyways, this what I have so far for maps. Static sprites are mostly done, and I got do something for enemies. So, yah...

Clonehunter, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

I have always wondered if someone would actually make a Jurassic Park mod for DooM. This sounds like a good idea to me! I'm down for making MIDI's if needed =}

Hint: Aim for something smaller if you know that you'll have problems finishing it. Even if you only get one episode done it'd be an enormous achievement. Aiming for 3 from the start is possibly overkill.

BlackFish said:

Clonehunter, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Some people are just itching to use this tag aren't they.

purist said:

Some people are just itching to use this tag aren't they.

Because every summer these kinds of project idea threads pop up and go nowhere.

Graf Zahl said:

Hint: Aim for something smaller if you know that you'll have problems finishing it. Even if you only get one episode done it'd be an enormous achievement. Aiming for 3 from the start is possibly overkill.

It'll probally end up being just that, its just 3 would be nice is possible.

PRIMEVAL said:

I have always wondered if someone would actually make a Jurassic Park mod for DooM. This sounds like a good idea to me! I'm down for making MIDI's if needed =}

Really? That'd be great if you could help with that!

Actually there was a Jurassic Park TC, but this was back in '96-97 when TCs were announced every other day (ID4 Doom, From Dusk Till Dawn TC, Ninja Doom, etc). Like 99.9% of all TCs it never amounted to anything.

If you want some constructive criticism, I can only reiterate to start small. As in, SMALL. Make a single level with a couple of dinosaurs. If that actually gets released, maybe people will want to help with something larger (I think a hub would make more sense than an episode given the setting).

Well, as a preview, I could just release the first level now (And what is currently the second level) just to give people a taste.

The plot seems kinda retarded and the ripped resources are not doing anything to save it.

I'll help map since I have lost motivation(for now) on my ep2 project and its sounds interesting to me.

40oz said:

The plot seems kinda retarded

And Doom's plot wasn't(Okay, well, Doom's plot made a little sense, but Strife was kinda generic)? JPTC's plot is a bit dumb, but hey, look at Strife, or Heretic. Both have some of the worst plots I've ever heard of. Dimension traveling serpent people and thier whacko religions. Jeez.

Philnemba said:

I'll help map since I have lost motivation(for now) on my ep2 project and its sounds interesting to me.

Okay, sounds good. If you want to help, I could send you the textures, sprites and such, or I could just give a list of what's what :)

Sure just pm me whatever resources you have so far and I'll see what kind of map I can cook up :)

Alright I'll get right too it! :)

I take it your gonna try out E1M3? Either way, avoid ZOmbies and masterminds for now (If E1M3). Thats all. :) (Oh, and if its alright in your plans or whatever, minimum ammo and weapons)

doomero-21 said:

and the t-rex???

What about him? He's the Cyberdemon (Roar Attack :) Explains absense of Rocket Launcher)

Roar attack? lol, I can't really see the T. Rex doing anything but chasing you and nomming you XP

Clonehunter said:

I take it your gonna try out E1M3? Either way, avoid ZOmbies and masterminds for now (If E1M3). Thats all. :) (Oh, and if its alright in your plans or whatever, minimum ammo and weapons)

Sure I'll take E1M3 and will also make a secret exit.

Also a suggestion: Lets just make just one episode(like Aliens TC and Army of Darkness TC) since it take forever to do 3 episodes.

Philnemba said:

Sure I'll take E1M3 and will also make a secret exit.

Also a suggestion: Lets just make just one episode(like Aliens TC and Army of Darkness TC) since it take forever to do 3 episodes.

Alright good enough.

Maybe I'll do the secret level if you don't want too, as I got an idea for it. The Half Life troopers can have a use... ;)

PRIMEVAL said:

Roar attack? lol, I can't really see the T. Rex doing anything but chasing you and nomming you XP

I know its strecthing it, but it'll be like the Pteranodons screechattack! The projectile would just be like a sound wave, or whatever the Duke Nukem Octupus thing shoots as a projectile. If I knew how, or if it was possible, which it might be, I would've just maybe changed the Cyberdemon into a faster moving Melee attacker guy.

Clonehunter said:

Another building with a door. Second image is inside the building. I'm not quite done with that yet.

Is the Imp just a placeholder, or are the Demons wrecking shit alongside Dinos?

If the latter, than you have created the most crazy-awesome idea for a WAD ever.

Imp is a stand in for Dilophosaurus Juvinile (The one we see in the movie), but your idea sounds just as sweet :)

That'd probally be best for a Doom 2 thing though, so you can have more demons...

PRIMEVAL said:

Well if you wanna do midis, um.. I don't know, do you have like a sampole or something?

Clonehunter said:

If I knew how, or if it was possible, which it might be, I would've just maybe changed the Cyberdemon into a faster moving Melee attacker guy.

Not that this is a Turok TC or anything, but the T-Rex in that game shot laser beams out of a cybernetic eye. Oh, and it BREATHED FIRE.

As long as it makes halfway sense as to why, you can make your T-Rex do whatever you want.

Clonehunter said:

Well if you wanna do midis, um.. I don't know, do you have like a sampole or something?

You can check out my music here:
http://www.myspace.com/tenebraeaeternus
http://www.ilike.com/artist/Tenebrae+Aeternus

Which reminds me, I should upload more music to iLike from the film I scored...

And that sounds dirty XP

And just throwing ideas out there, but maybe you could make Doomguy run slower? I know it sounds blasphemous, but it could probably work out some? And making the T. Rex run faster sounds better to me then him roaring. I don't know, though, I'm no developer, just a musician **