Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gunner

Help From The Community- Doom Tribute

I'm making a Doom music tribute and I need help from the community.

The collection is broken down into two volumes:
1) Hell On Earth: Steve Rot's Doom 2 Tribute
2) Phobos Anomaly: Steve Rot's Doom Tribute (features intro\interlevel\end of episode music and every song from E1 only)

What I need are talented artists to make cover images for the two volumes. They need to be 1000 X 1000 pixels.

I also need file hosting, or someone who knows a good website that hosts entire albums zipped into one file. The Doom 2 tribute will be about 200 mb and the KDITD one will be about 80 mb. I need them hosted for free and for forever.

There are a lot of music website out there, but you'd have to download about 30 songs individually and that doesn't make for effective distribution. Torrents will not do, I need an official link.

And finally, if there's anyone reading this who publishes, I'm open for reviews\interviews.

You can hear the tribute here:
http://www.myspace.com/steverotsdoomtribute

And you can hear my originals here:
http://www.myspace.com/steverot

The first link is broken. Looks like you misspelt "steverotsdoomtribute". It was easy enough to find anyway, through the second link you posted.

Dude, I gotta say, this tribute is one of the best sets of Doom music that I have heard. All the tracks are very good, and really maintain that dark Doomy feel. I especially liked Map03 and Victory, though my favorite would have to be E1M5; the piano and strings are especially haunting.

I hope this gets lots of attention from the people here, coz it really does deserve to get heard. Thanks for your work. Listening to these Doom tribute tracks as well as some of your originals, it is pretty clear that you have quite some compositional ability. Keep it up. The originals are reminiscent of NIN, and have obviously had a lot of work put into them, though I have to admit they are not my style of music.

Ok Doomers. Give this stuff a listen. It is actually really, really good.

I should just add that graphic design is not exactly my strong point, and I don't have anywhere to host stuff though I hope you do find someone here to help you with all that.

Kyka said:

Ok Doomers. Give this stuff a listen. It is actually really, really good.

Yes, yes it is. I really enjoyed listening to these.

Thanks, it's all for you and it's all completely free.

I'm about 50% done, but I'm in music mode right now so shit is going to be getting done every day until it's finished.

May have been posted somewhere that I missed;
Are these recorded live, midi/soundfonted, or a mix of the two?

If live, what were they recorded with? They sound really good =]

eargosedown said:

May have been posted somewhere that I missed;
Are these recorded live, midi/soundfonted, or a mix of the two?

If live, what were they recorded with? They sound really good =]

Both. The credits say:
"Additional composition and original performances by Steve Rot"

I have an Epi Les Paul Custom and a Squire P Bass, recorded D.I.

Other stuff like the organ solo in E1M5 is a live performance, recorded in MIDI, and set to an instrument software (an actual pre-recorded organ).