Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clonehunter

Ugliest Monster

dear old macubi is the ugliest motherfucker. I like to kill them with the supershotgun & see their death animation.

second place for ugliness is either spider mastermind or pain elementals.

The Spectre's.. they're so damn ugly they have to hide what they look like.

But yes mancubi are pretty ugly but they have potential. A number of laps around the track, along with some situps and weight lifting, and it'll probably kick the crap outta any cyberdemon :D. You're right though, killing mancubi are fun.. I love watching them melt.

At least they're less aggressive than Hexen's stalkers. You can ignore them most of the time.

TheUltimateDoomer said:

Those brown turds from the 3-rd level of Dark Forces are ugly and somewhat challenging.

The Dianoga or the Grans?

In DF, I the bg lizards are just horrendous. They got lazy or something...

I would have to say I think the ugliest monster in the game is the mancubus. The dumbest looking monster is the revenant IMO, but apparently nobody else sees a skeleton in a football jersey when they see a revenant.

I remember many of the enemies in the early Build engine games being hideous. TekWar and Witch Haven had decidedly pixelated messes of monsters. Strangely, the enemies in Witch Haven 2 don't look that bad based on the screenshots.

Marnetmar said:

The dumbest looking monster is the revenant IMO, but apparently nobody else sees a skeleton in a football jersey when they see a revenant.

Don't know about that, but I've always somehow seen the gore on the Revenant's legs as being red boxers or something.

I like to the think of the Revy as a big skelton in Knights armor with rockets on his back.

I just don't like the fact that is the least goriest of all the monsters, stupid skeltons and there bloodless bones...

Bloodless? Their hips are full of gore...

perkristian said:
Commander Keen?

Yeah, and the blue Nazi. They both have shittier sprites than all the rest, after all!

Ledmeister said:

In vanilla PC Doom games, Mancubus = fuglius.
Doom 64 Pain Elemental looks pretty bad; and that game's Cacodemon looks silly with chains hanging off the arms IMHO... what, was there a mass jailbreak at CacoAlcatraz or something? :p

You mean Calcotraz.

For me, the imp.... And Mancubus, in all means, it is just ugly.

Ledmeister said:

Doom 64 Pain Elemental[/url] looks pretty bad;

Ain't that the whole point? Much better than the goofy PC elementals.

Ledmeister said:

In vanilla PC Doom games, Mancubus = fuglius.
Doom 64 Pain Elemental looks pretty bad; and that game's Cacodemon looks silly with chains hanging off the arms IMHO... what, was there a mass jailbreak at CacoAlcatraz or something? :p

Crap, that was a Cacodemon? I thought that was like an updated Pain Elemental... Wow, um, No I must say that the D64 Caco and Elemenatl are just the ugliest motherfuckers I've ever seen... Hell, all the D64 monsters are stupid looking.

Hmm, I always thought that the Doom 64 mancubus looked like a giant pig demon, which I guess it's more fitting than current PC baby-faced fatties (oh dear now: maybe that's why cherubs exist in Doom 3...).

a pretty interesting topic.

I would go buy order from least to most.

Cyberdemon: though most say he's nicely designed, i have discrepancies about his face. it looks like he's blind and only shoots you through sound alone, though explains why he doesn't shoot repeatedly often (except with -fast on, though it makes him easier)

revenant: Their skulls are square looking from a certain angle, and i didn't realize that their "red boxers" were gore. plus, their feet and bone sprites just made them look part human than more skeleton.

demons: they don't look like what they are depicted to be; looking squared and from the side they seem to have a elongated neck. it looks way too bizarre in my opinion.

pain elemental: now they are just a large abomination that looks like it's IQ was lowered and tanned whilst lumped up from puberty, and all of this turned it from a cacodemon to what it is now. they are just placed in high or low places with only "shoot souls at bad people" if nothing else. though most people hate this monster on its spawning ability of lost souls, mine goes deeper than that.

opinion is subjective, but this is in my humble opinion. good day all!

I think the mancubus has a certain sweet charm to it, the ugliest enemy has to be the pain elemental because of that stupid big eye makes it look somewhat cartoony

Clonehunter said:

Spectre is pretty fuck ugly looking too.

A lot of you have said specter. While some of you have (re)used the "too ugly to be seen" joke, I'm still curious if the actual reason is the special effects that look crude.