Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HenKonen

Utilizing resource Wads

Hi!

I downloaded the famous Monster pack for Zdoom (http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12748) but can't seem to figure out how to use it correctly. I tried running the demo files with Zdoom and the monsters didn't appear in the map. I also tried the Boss Wad (http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12888) and I had the same problem with it.

I'd like to use the new monsters for a wad of mine, but can't figure out how to use the resource wads in Doom Builder and how to play Wads that require the monster wads.

But how do you run multiple wads "simultaneously"? The mosnter pack wasn't in the same wad as the testing level for the monsters. There is two files, monsters.wad and monsterdemo.wad.

I'm using Zdoom. Am I supposed to add the wad containing the monsters to some particular folder and run the test level wad?

I don't have a clue how these wads work, so excuse for the noob thread. I'm new in the world of Doom editing and would like to know how to use external monster wads and such in future wads I'll design. A good start would be to learn how to play wads that require external resource wads.

Wow, what a bump!

Select all the files you want to run, and drag and drop them on zdoom.exe.

Or look here for other methods that will work just as well.

Gez said:

"Beastiary" (blame Nick Baker for that spelling)[/url]

I've always liked it better than the proper spelling. It's more fitting. :P

Thanks. I run wad files by right clicking and selecting run with Zdoom. That way you cannot run more than wad file at a time and that's why it didn't work out for me.

Not with me. I don't know what gives, but right clicking doesn't seem to work when I try it, but dragging works 100%. Recommended to anyone who has faced the same problem.