Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Commission the best mappers?

Not wishing to rain on Hellbent's parade - BUT - who's negotiating the license fee with ZeniMax?

Kyka said:As has been mentioned tho, as soon as you give money to people, you have to start setting deadlines and expected returns. If I gave someone $400 to map, how many maps, and of what quality could I expect for that money. What hourly rate would you set in place? How would you quantify it all? [/B]

Well, that's part of the reason of introducing money as an incentive. It means we can set deadlines so the thing actually gets done. But, yeah, I am quite happy to let this idea die. It was just an idea and I posted to see what people thought, and they shared. Introducing money does have the potential for things to get sticky, and then you have to have terms and such as you point out. I wouldn't do it by hourly rate. I was thinking more like: the doom community as a whole will give (let's say) $200 for someone to make the following project: (project details). Is anyone interested? If they are, then fine, they go ahead and make it. The people who are willing to make it would have to submit previous work--and everyone putting up money would have to agree it was a good investment. Anyway, like I said, I'm happy to let the idea die.

GreyGhost said:

Not wishing to rain on Hellbent's parade - BUT - who's negotiating the license fee with ZeniMax?

License for what?

A license for the sale or commercial distribution of permitted derivative works. Don't forget that ZeniMax owns Doom, that gives them the right to demand a share of the revenue from any commercial exploitation of the game.

I'll map in exchange for delicious pancakes. The stipulations would be as follows - I will only work on the map I feel like working on, be it my own project or some other project. I may or may not show proof of progress. I be allowed to eat said pancakes while I map. I may or may not map.

How about, instead, everyone just send me pancakes and I'll pretend like I'm mapping.