Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clonehunter

Whole sectors closing in on me!

Well, while testing some decorate stuff, I came to a point where my map was actually beginning to look pretty good, so I started making it into a full level. Anyways, There is this one room I have (which connects to three doors, an entrance, and exit, and a secret), however, when the entrance door begins to close, about halfway down it drags the entire cieling down. This disables me from leaving through the exit door. I can however, escape through the secret. When I do that though, the room shuts the rest of the way down to the floor. So what the hell is happening?

I'm just a newbie, mind you, so this is just a guess...

Check for map errors and see if you have any unclosed sectors. When I first started drawing maps I knew nothing about that, and as a result I sometimes had rooms made up of more than one unclosed sector where the floor and two walls were part of one sector and the ceiling and the other walls were part of another. This would cause any moving objects like lifts or doors to move one entire half of the room with them.

Yeah... unclosed sectors are bad...

Usually it is best to post a link to the map itself, then people can tell you exactly what the problem is by looking at your map itself, rather than posting educated guesses.

But in this case, I agree with Herculine. Unclosed/broken sectors sounds like the problem here.

Check that the entrance door and ceiling aren't using the same tag number - assuming you're using a walkover linedef to close the door.

GreyGhost said:

Check that the entrance door and ceiling aren't using the same tag number - assuming you're using a walkover linedef to close the door.

No its just a door. You can't open it from one side though, kinda too lock you in so you can't run from the next fight.