Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XAwful

The monsters don't show up!

Using Doom builder to make a level I find that the monsters are missing when I play the level. What is this?

It's most likely you've either used the -nomonsters command line option (maybe set and forgotten in Doom Builder) or the monster's sprite wad isn't being loaded when playing. Could you give us a few more details - the source port you're mapping for, standard or custom monsters, missing or replaced by exclamation marks, separate sprite wad or merged with your map wad?

Ah, yes, It's skulltag, and all monsters - custom and not - that are affected. They just don't appear. No "!" or anything.

If it only occurs when testing in Doom Builder - check your testing config (Customize parameters) and delete -nomonsters from the parameters if you find it, otherwise check Skulltag's gameplay options. If your wad has a CMPGNINF lump - check the DMFlags setting. Apart from that I don't know what to suggest.

Ok, well because I can find nothing wrong with my wad, I am assuming that it is the other wad it's being run with, as I have found that my wad by itself works fine. Thanks for the help, all.

XAwful said:

Ok, well because I can find nothing wrong with my wad, I am assuming that it is the other wad it's being run with, as I have found that my wad by itself works fine. Thanks for the help, all.

ARE YOU INSULTING MY ABILITIES TO MAKE A CUSTOM WAD!?