Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deeforce

Quake 3 Arena downgrade from version 1.30 to version 0

Hello, hopefully someone can help me.
I just cannot find a downgrade patch for "Quake 3 version 1.30" to "Quake 3 version 0" -> I mean the first version of Quake 3 Arena, the game version from the 2nd of December 1999 [first release date of Quake 3]. I searched around the internet and nothing is there... Maybe you know, where a downgrade for Quake 3 is available? Thank you!

I have version 1.11 - 11/24/1999 - and I also have 1.30 and 1.32 for windows but I do not know of a good program to use to make a downgrade patch.

Most unhelpful of them, wonder why it was removed? The next best I can find will only take you to 1.16 but does at least have a working download link (mirror 2).

Should be able to download the demo (which is 1.11) and use the retail pak0.pk3 file. Haven't tested it, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't work.

It's a small pedantic point, but you want version 1. Version 0 would be achieved by renaming a blank file to quake3.exe.

AirRaid said:

It's a small pedantic point, but you want version 1. Version 0 would be achieved by renaming a blank file to quake3.exe.

Look! I have version 0 of doom4.exe!