Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

Stop selecting vertices in any mode Deepsea!

Is there any way to disable the feature in DeepSea that allows you to select a vertex regardless of what mode you're in? It is SOO annoying.

To clarify: if I am in thing, linedef or sector mode, if I bring the mouse pointer close to a vertex, it will select it! despite the fact I'm not in vertex mode. Grrr!

Not that I'm aware of.

Does it really bother you that much? I've been using the program for a long time and maybe only once or twice I've mistakenly selected a vertex in linedef or sector mode. Out of curiosity, how far from the vertex does your mouse have to be to highlight the vertex (for dragging) while in linedef or sector mode? For me it's like 1-3 screen pixels.

If it's different for you, I could post some of my settings, to see if that will help you.

Hmmm... I know exactly the effect that you are talking about (it will also select "things" when you are in other modes etc). However (and I just checked) it seems to be switched off for me ATM. No idea how I did it though. I've looked through the F5 options and don't see anything obvious.

Edit: This is from the help file

Vertex Select Range
DeePsea can select Vertexes to drag in any mode. This value helps you establish the range of the effect.

A floating point value from 0.0 to 10.0 (default = 0.5). Determines the sensitivity to selecting Vertex objects near the cursor for the automatic drag Vertex feature, regardless of editing mode. A higher value selects a vertex to drag easier, but then the regular normal objects may be difficult to select for dragging (for example short LineDefs).

Enter a value of 0.0 to disable (see note below)

Thing Select Range
DeePsea can select Things to drag in any mode. This value helps you establish the range of the effect.

A floating point value from 0.0 to 10.0 (default = 2.0). Determines the sensitivity to selecting Thing objects near the cursor for the automatic Drag Thing feature, regardless of editing mode. A higher value selects a Thing to drag easier, but then the regular normal objects may be difficult to select for dragging (for example short LineDefs).

Enter a value of 0.0 to disable (see note below)

Note: Automatic Thing and Vertex Selecting

If any objects are selected (by left clicking on them or drawing a select box around them), only those objects are dragged and NO automatic object drag switching occurs. So left click on the type of object matching the mode you are in and you will "lock" on that object.

If a Vertex is on top of a Thing, a Vertex takes precedence in Vertex mode and a Thing takes precedence in Thing mode. In all other modes a Vertex takes precedence over a Thing.

You'll find those options in the F5 Maps tab