Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
maggot202

boom's deep water... again

Hello
I'm trying to make some deep water in a boom map. It sorta works, but when i die on the water (it's supposed to be damaging blood), all of a sudden i get this hall of mirrors when underwater. To clarify, let me show you what i mean.

Not dead (above blood).
Dead (below blood).

I've asked Google what he suggests, but apparently he has no idea how to fix this, so he sent me to you guys. Can anyone help me here? Thanks

What port are you using?

To make sure you are testing the map with true original Boom behaviour, test it in prboom 2.02. It is the direct Windows port of the original Boom, and can be found here.

Then you can be sure if you have got things working correctly, or if there is a port or settings issue.

But note that Boom's deep water effects weren't exactly perfect.

i'm using glboom plus 2.5.0.6.
Hmm, i've tested the map on gzdoom and it works fine, and in prboom plus (aka, without openGL), there are no hall of mirrors, but sort of an horizon effect, similar to linedef action 9 on zdoom. It must be the port then, and so, i cannot use the effect, since i'd like my map to work on all boom supporting ports.
Thanks for the heads up anyway :)

maggot202 said:

i'm using glboom plus 2.5.0.6.

You need to make sure the compatibility level is set to 9 for it to emulate Boom behaviour. It might still software-mode only though.

But as I say, if it works OK in prboom 2.02, then you can state that (by definition!) it requires a Boom-compatible port. If it doesn't, then you can't.

maggot202 said:

Hello
I'm trying to make some deep water in a boom map. It sorta works, but when i die on the water (it's supposed to be damaging blood), all of a sudden i get this hall of mirrors when underwater. To clarify, let me show you what i mean.

Not dead (above blood).
Dead (below blood).

I've asked Google what he suggests, but apparently he has no idea how to fix this, so he sent me to you guys. Can anyone help me here? Thanks

Does your control sector have a floor texture?