Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
audiodef

Dumb door question

OK, dumb question: how is making a door in Hexen format different from making a door in DooM format? I'm used to using "door open wait close" and in Hexen format, open and close are two different properties. What do I do in ZDooM in Hexen format for the equivalent of "door open wait close"?

I can't find it now, but I'm pretty sure there's an article on the ZDoom wiki that gives the correct speed values to use to perfectly duplicate Doom's doors.

audiodef said:

What do I do in ZDooM in Hexen format for the equivalent of "door open wait close"?

Use Door Raise. Play around with the values for speed and delay. The generic DooM door rises with a speed of 16 and stays open for 150 tics I believe, while a "turbo" door opens with a speed of 64.

Cool, thanks.

After getting the door to open, it seems to open only once. Thereafter it won't open for me again.

Actually, I see that this works once per side. What do I do to get the door to open more than once?

Aha... I was looking for something like that, but I was myopically only looking at the bottom half of the dialog.