Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skogsto09

Any working source to newest HR demos ?

All I could dig up was that old hr demo pack from 1998, that I once participated in. However since then these must have been worked over a few times I imagine. I'm interested in redoing some of my submissions from back then ...would be interesting to see if there have been any progress @ all over the years. An interesting map in particular would be HR13, remember spending a whole week to beat this map @ Anders Johnsens place...I'm sure it would bring back some memories :) Never actually got a decent enough demo of that map for the demo pack, but better late than never :)

There's an incoming list maintained by vdgg here. Some links point to the FTP, which doesn't resolve, but you can get those demos at the HR page at the DSDA that gggmork linked to, which should also include all the Compet-n records previously certified by Adam.

Thanks for fast and helpful pointers ...I just whatched Peo's old 15:42 demo of HR13. Havn't whatched gggmork's best yet (10:05) but I can imagine it's not gonna come easy to beat it ...on my behalf I remember how hard it was to beat these levels without having to worry about time and style also. Maybe or hopefully it'll come easier this time around but you never know.

gggmork said:

(aren't you the one that beat vile's nightmare complete doom2 run?)

That is true, but he is also the original record holder and one who for many years defined the progression of the run. The new record was like, in a sense, the return of the king.

Kinda a tangent, but I find the specialties of players become their personality. I think when people think nightmare movies, they think Henning. Or, if it's max demos, I think Radek Pecka. If it's tyson demos, there's Xit Vono... or for just flat-out perfection, there's Sedlo.

If it's Pacifism, along with the pain and anguish associated with it, I think Adam Williamson. ;)

That might be because you were using PrBoom's usual behavior instead of vanilla compatibility (level 2.) In Boom and MBF, things can get shoved over ledges or steps, possibly making them get momentarily jammed. If you don't use the same compatibility as the other demos, it's hard to compare the times because of such and other differences. Generally, it's best to use levels 2-4 for vanilla or limit removing, and 9 for Boom WADs. Pretty much all PrBoom compatible WADs fit in one or the other. See this thread for more details.

If you find you keep forgetting about it, then set the default_compatibility_level (in the cfg file) to 2.

Though then you'll need to adjust it (or use -complevel 3 or -complevel 9) to play with Ultimate Doom or Boom behaviour. Then again, you need to do that anyway, if you have the default set to something else.