Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Per-Scan

What Would Be Your Dream TC?

I have been quietly craving an Alien Breed 3D TC for ZDoom for about 10 years now. I know it'll never happen as I wouldn't even know where to begin and nobody ever speaks of AB3D around these parts. Still, I can dream...

What would be your pie in the sky pipe dream TC for a Doom engine? Do you even have any? :)

zap610 said:

An action Western TC.

That would be bad ass.

zap610 said:

An action Western TC.

There's a Western Doom since 1996, I recall.

My favourite would probably be a Death Wish/Charles Bronson or Steven Seagal one.

Warhammer 40k weapons mod. I guess that's not a TC, though a WH40k TC would be sweet, too. I've just always wanted to see space marine weapons done in an FPS.

boris said:

Yeah, it's a real shame Raynor's Tale was never finished.

I wonder what that wad was actually like. I vaguely remember somebody posting that they got to try it.

zap610 said:

I wonder what that wad was actually like. I vaguely remember somebody posting that they got to try it.

I'll put it this way... if it were to be completed and uploaded today, it would still be one of the best projects ever by today's standards.

hey i just had a cool idea: an Infomercial TC!
maybe there can be an Ab Trimmer as a weapon, and replace the monsters with Mr T and Chuck Norris and assorted muscle guys and athletic women. and have the levels timed, and the end level switch is a telephone, because you have to call in the next 10 minutes etc.

Scuba Steve said:

I'll put it this way... if it were to be completed and uploaded today, it would still be one of the best projects ever by today's standards.

It's a pity that it's dead. I would loved to have seen it - especially if the main protagonist was an ancestor of Doom Guy!

Vaporizer said:

System Shock TC.

You know, I have never played System Shock. Everyone online always talks about how great it is but I've never been able to find a copy. I suppose that show how good it is that nobody is getting rid of it!

I would like it if there were more modular replacers a la Voltlocks Duke Nukem ThreeDee, which replaces all enemies, weapons, and items with their Duke3D equivalents, all reproduced accurately with DECORATE. This allows you to play any maps you would like with these replacements, which greatly alter gameplay. It would be nice if similar mods existed with content from Shadow Warrior, Blood, Eradicator, ROTT, etc. Playing Alien Vendetta with Blood enemies and weapons would be very enjoyable.

TC that would mix crap from hundreds (hundreds?) of games, like well, an Evrything TC, or something. Like blasting stromtroopers with the Hellstaff, or Toasting Ettins with a Shotgun, something cool (And that would probally need a tone of decorate)

I think MUGEN has already been invented.

Seeing as this thread is clearly about Doom, I find myself a tad bit dismayed that it's currently located in Everything Else. But hey, that might just be me.

More on-topic, I tend to like TCs that completely change the look and feel of Doom rather than just being Doom with a fresh coat of paint thrown over it. Sure, you may have gone through and replaced all of the sprites, graphics, textures, levels, music, and sounds, but if the weapons, enemies, and general gameplay mechanics still function the same way as in the original game, it's not really much of a TC in my book.

So in that regard, Chex Quest is not a very good TC, whereas the two Action Dooms are fantastic examples of TCs. I wish we had more stuff like that. What I'd really like to see a kind of cyberpunk adventure akin to Deus Ex done in Doom... at the very least just to see if it's really possible.

I was going to post it in the Doom General forum but I thought maybe as it's about TC's it may be deemed not to be about Doom per se...so I played it safe. :)

Clonehunter said:

TC that would mix crap from hundreds (hundreds?) of games, like well, an Evrything TC, or something. Like blasting stromtroopers with the Hellstaff, or Toasting Ettins with a Shotgun, something cool (And that would probally need a tone of decorate)

There's also Aeons of Death...

Might and magic 7, probably more of as a Heretic/Hexen TC than a doom TC though. Some gameplay changes would have to be made (mostly reduce number of enemies, as the party system in MM7 would basically make it a coop game. Also have to make every attack hit but probably deal 'slightly' less damage through armor), and some things like the inventory screen and house dialogues would probably have to be radically redone. But if someone could do it, I'd be very happy, heh.

That or someone could make an actual map editor for the engine like DB2, or more accurately configs for a modern engine editor like UDK or hammer ...